OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

exciting! thanks mate :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

OK, thanks, but then its just too much for me because in all the time I own ot, there are only a few banks I would like to copy and that means I maybe would use the software only one time.

Update: OctaEdit v1.8.750 OSX and Windows Beta Versions

Whats New?

OSX v1.8.750 Beta builds for both OSX & Windows

Samples Module: Number of fixes, changes/enhancements etc. Fixes up some memory usages, fixed up process flows around Samples / Slices / Samples Add, etc.

Chainer Module: Number of fixes, changes/enhancements etc.

Audio Finder Module: Number of fixes, changes/enhancements etc.

Library: Number of fixes, changes/enhancements etc.

Notes:

Purchasing temporarily disabled. No OctaEdit v1 Windows installer in the download.

Due to personal reasons, I’ll be offline for a bit, so will pre-empt the obvious question: No, not available at the moment, and may not be till v2 whenever that arrives.

Have disabled Chainer module need to finish tweaking the workflow etc a bit.

Compatibility:

OSX 10.9 and above only
Windows 7 and above only
Octatrack MkI & MkII
Octatrack OSv1.40 and above only
4 Likes

Is OctaEdit (BETA) relevant in 2023 ? :pl:

2 Likes

Ask me on Tuesday :pl:

6 Likes

Hi Rusty,

Any idea when new users could get there hands on OctaEdit again?

Cheers

1 Like

^^^^

1 Like

Missed that part. Thanks

Hey king, I saw the OE site is not allowing purchases, just wanted to check-in. I’m trying to copy a bank from one project to another. Appreciated!

Any idea when we’ll be able to purchase? I swear I’ve been trying to be octaedit for 3 years, I always miss the windows when it’s on sale apparently. I’ve tried messaging rusty directly.

A

^^^^^^^^

Rusty will update us whenever he has something to say. I seriously doubt continued questions will help, he is aware that people are interested and waiting. Have some patience please people.

In the mean time, you can copy banks using OT file manager or on a computer, copy the .work file and overwrite in the destination project. The samples will be pointing @ the same position in the pool, so either overwrite the target slots or use new sample slots and allocate the one you want. Same goes for any sample locks. It’s long winded, but this is the only option for now.

2 Likes

Update: OctaEdit v1.8.800 OSX and Windows Beta Versions

Whats New?

OSX v1.8.800 Beta builds for both OSX & Windows

Manager Module: Some minor fixes/testing under the hood.

Samples Module: Number of fixes, changes/enhancements etc. Fixes up some memory usages, fixed up process flows around Samples / Slices / Samples Add, etc.

Notes:

Purchasing disabled. No OctaEdit v1 Windows installer in the download.

Apologies for the delay and absenteeism. International travel was required due to family reasons, so was away from development environment etc.

Not available at the moment, and may not be till v2 whenever that arrives.

Have disabled Chainer module need to finish tweaking the workflow etc a bit.

Compatibility:

OSX 10.9 and above only
Windows 7 and above only
Octatrack MkI & MkII

10 Likes

Hey rusty, any chance you are looking for additional windows users for the beta? Would be more than happy to give feedback

Life’s been getting in the way for a lot of people!

Update: OctaEdit v1.8.810 OSX and Windows Beta Versions

Whats New?

OSX v1.8.810 Beta builds for both OSX & Windows

Sequencer Module: Number of bug fixes, changes/enhancements etc.

Notes:

Purchasing disabled. No OctaEdit v1 installers in the download.

Compatibility:

OSX 10.9 and above only
Windows 7 and above only
Octatrack MkI & MkII

4 Likes

Me when I try to buy OctaEdit :

7 Likes

Me when I’m trying to finish OctaEdit v2:

19 Likes

Ain’t you tempted to pull out a version and leave it for a while? Most of us are just waiting to transfer banks across projects :sweat_smile:

When I have a project i’m struggling to finish, i’m now tempted to finish it ASAP and leave my perfectionism on the side because all the time until it’s out in the world is a not a good time for me and an extreme mental charge that i realized might not be worth the polishing details.

I guess I did, and that was v1. Then I decided to re-write everything for v2, OSv1.4, library changes, OSX, M1/Silicon processors etc. Silly me.

Then one can just use the Manager module if that is all they want to use.

2 Likes

One can download it? I thought it is inaccessible until V2 is pulled out.

1 Like