OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

Soon? Yes. Very soon / this week? No.

4 Likes

Is it available yet? If so, can you link it?

It is the Beta build of the Demo (if that makes sense); so havenā€™t been pushing it at all for the obvious reasons. Maybe send me a pm/email if keen and I can organise something?

2 Likes

PM sent.

looks great

1 Like

User Details not sticking?

Are your User Details not sticking? Try this:

Exit OctaEdit, rename the below files, and start again please.

Rename From: \Users\Application Support\OctaEdit\Options\OctaEdit.settings
Rename To: \Users\Application Support\OctaEdit\Options\OctaEdit_OLD.settings

Set Loading Issue?

Had a report or two of a crash when loading Sets/Projects.

I am aware of it, but I wonā€™t be able to investigate for a few days / till the weekend.

Update: OctaEdit v1.8.041 OSX Beta and Demo Versions

Whats New?

Minor tweak that may (or may not) resolve some loading of Sets/Projects for some people.

Notes:

Restricted access to the Samples and Chainer modules.

Compatibility:

• OSX 10.9 and above only
  • Octatrack MkI & MkII
  • Octatrack OSv1.40 and above only
5 Likes

New OT owner here. Looking forward to OctaEdit when itā€™s available to purchase :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Update: OctaEdit v1.8.042 OSX Beta and Demo Versions

Whats New?

Not much exciting; some additional minor tweaks; but why not squeeze in one more update for the year :expressionless:

Notes:

Restricted access to the Samples and Chainer modules.

Compatibility:

• Octatrack MkI & MkII
9 Likes

Always glad to see this project being updated, Iā€™m very much looking forward to getting ahold of this.

Any rough idea as to when this will be available either as a demo or for purchase?

Thanks for your hard work and keeping this project going!

3 Likes

Btw Elektron should really get behind you on this. With their whole overbridge campaign and lack of OT support within that environment. I donā€™t see why they donā€™t either set you up with a team or their own internal developers or at least fund the project. I would imagine the availability of this software would sell some more Octatracks.

6 Likes

There is essentially one big/main issue I need to work through left outstanding, but complicated.

Been getting smashed at work, then christmas and all that jazz.

There is already a demo; but a demo of the beta (if that makes sense?) so not exactly handing it out at the moment.

9 Likes

Understandable and Iā€™m sure this is quite a task to take on alone. I sent you a PM.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve always thought this too. I donā€™t get why Elektron donā€™t support people like Rusty who are helping the OT community.

6 Likes

Going to be offline for a few days.

2 Likes

Looks very promising, keep it up! Looking forward to finally being able to get itā€¦

6 Likes

Update: OctaEdit v1.8.050 OSX Beta and Demo Versions

Whats New?

Samples module in Beta; there will be dead ends and bugs.

Additional minor tweaks; but why not squeeze in one more update for the year :expressionless:

Notes:

Restricted access to the Chainer module.

Compatibility:

• Octatrack MkI & MkII
6 Likes

PS: Facebook group if you prefer to yell at me there.

4 Likes

Windows [cough] :slight_smile:

4 Likes

When you get back to working on the Windows version Iā€™d be happy to buy a license and help you get the Windows version working on Linux (using the WINE emulator). Iā€™m a software developer so I know how to report errors with tracebacks and such.

2 Likes