OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

Hmmm 1.8 beta seems to get stuck at the registration page pointed to my license file and entered my serial correctly but no response when trying to submit :S

Sorry this is running on MacOS 10.13.6

Did you also put in your name and e-mail as listed in the OctaEdit.txt - in my experience I had to put in everything to go forward

1 Like

If you are getting stuck there, are you sure youā€™ve filled everything in?

If it is not doing anything at all then Iā€™m going to say you havenā€™t entered all your details.

I tested this before release, and just sanity tested again; instructions to be on the safe side:

Licence Instructions

Copy the [ OctaEdit.lic ] file to your desktop (or other location)

Launch OctaEdit. The About form will be displayed automatically.

Enter the below details in the fields (You can copy and paste the information)

Either:
a) Click the folder button and browse for your [ OctaEdit.lic ] file
b) Drag/Drop your [ OctaEdit.lic ] into OctaEdit.

When finished click the Confirm button.

2 Likes

Yes I did it just like I registered originally

can confirm clicking the confirm button is doing nothing. everything is entered.

by chance does the serial field not like COPY PASTE? thatā€™s the only thing I can think of.

EDIT: That was it. you need to hand type your serial number.

1 Like

ok, results of some quick/dirty testingā€¦

a) You can Copy/Paste the Serial into the Serial field

b) A serial number with additional spaces as a prefix and/or suffix will not be accepted.

e.g. if we pretend that the underscore is a space, then the first is fine, but the last two (prefix, suffix) are not:

nnnnnn
_nnnnnn
nnnnnn_

So I assume that youā€™ve copied an additional space or two with the serial; hence why it is not accepting it. Will add a little sanity check / whitespace stripper there for the next release.

Thanks @astricii :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Maybe you copy / pasted a whitespace or something like that - I have copy-pasted just now with 1.8 with no issue

1 Like

Dunno Tried it several times Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m not THAT dumb :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Itā€™s not you, itā€™s Apple :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can at best access Encoder A of FX slot 2 with the largest scale setting available on a 1440x900 resolution.

Copy and paste of a row(s) in arranger module appears possible from the context menu but doesnā€™t in fact work.

Those are the first things I noticed when prodding around testing things.

Given the new way the manager module is supposed to work. copying Arrangments is difficult since you need to exit and load each project in Normal mode to view the arrangement name so you know what youā€™re moving/overwriting. Havenā€™t attempted one of those yet on this version.

4 Likes

Thanks. Yep, known scenario. There are some hardcoded values within the Sequencer module; so it gets a bit wacky the more extreme the sizing goes. Iā€™m working through all of them slowlyā€¦

PS: Selecting any of the step lockable parameters also selects it in the Sequencers Step Editor (and vice versa)

Iā€™ll fix that up; think I changed a flag recentlyā€¦ yep, just checked / fixed.

Will be in next update.

Have added a new report button for Arranger Names; that will be displayed when the Manager Element is Arrangement.

Clicking that will generate a report to the Analytics module of the names of all arrangements in both the Source and Target Projects as per the below image.

I trust that will suffice?

5 Likes

2021 07 11

Please note that I will be offline / limited access for the next little bit due to personal reasons.

As such, purchasing is disabled, and I may take a little while to respond to any emails/messages.

Apologies in advance if this affects you; Iā€™ll try to get back to you asap.

13 Likes

i just purchase a 32" monitor and hook up my 50" TV as secondary monitor, appreciateā€¦

2021 07 22

I am back online again / back in development mode / available again now that Iā€™m recuperated.

OctaEdit isnā€™t for the time being.

Wanders off to polish off the Samples / Chainer / Audio Finder modules which should all come in the next / v1.9 update.

17 Likes

PS: Youā€™ll probably get an error when trying to launch v1.8 as expired; Iā€™ll have to push a new interim version or get v1.9 outā€¦ just have to figure which is the best route to takeā€¦

1 Like

9!9!9! :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s were all the slow, heavy testing is :expressionless:

2 Likes

much appreciate, good to know it being worked on and not vaperwareā€¦

No lie: When my brain registered how close 1.9 is to 2.0, my heart started racing.

I know youā€™re slogging through some tough stuff mentally and coding-wise, but look how freaking far youā€™ve come, man. Youā€™re a boss. Full stop.

FYI: Just going to move forward at this stage; will try to get something out at some point.

Not vaporware, just slow going as sole developer, juggling stuff, and basically doing all/most of the testing myself as well. The twelve year old iMac, massive code base and long compile times donā€™t help either :expressionless:

Once the (finished) Samples / Chainer / Audio Finder Modules all come onboard itā€™s only bug hunting / fixing from there on out. Can think of maybe two big updates I might do, but weā€™ll see.

Ach, will be good to get rid of yon albatross whence the time cometh.

3 Likes