OctaChainer v1.3_

That’s what my partner’s on and she’s still on High Sierra. Though, I think you can go up two more OS versions (Catalina I believe). So she’s old system and old OS. >.<

Monterey is the latest OS to be compatible with MBP mid-2015. And as I said, OctaChainer runs fine enough (I do OT sample chains regularly).

Do a TimeMachine backup before upgrading.
There is a serious change with Catalina, iirc, where Data and System are separated.

1 Like

if i add 8 loops, all at the same BPM and lenght, i select 8 slices in the megabreak mode and export it into a folder -

i get 8 WAV files and 8 ‘’.ot’’ files.
if i play the WAV file, it plays 1 slice of every loop - is that the right behaviour?

will test it in a few hours with my octa

Yes. Make sample locks (hold trig + Turn Level). Assign to scene B the number of slices +1.

Exemple with 8 one bar loops divided in 8 slices :
Make sample locks with the 8 matrixed samples, each 2 steps.
Assign Slice = 9 to scene B.
Slice mode.

Result :

but where and how do i have to place the trigs?

i put a trig every two steps (1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15) so now it plays the first beat of the sample on every two steps…
cant get it to sound right and i think i am missing something big here

do i parameter lock slice 1 on trig 1
slice 2 on trig 2 and so on? doesnt work either…

EDIT:
i have to parameter lock the samples in order! so trig 1 sample 1, trig 2 sample 2, trig 3 sample 3 and so on! now it sounds kiiiinda right

EDITEDIT:

now i prepare my own loops, consolidating in ableton, all same lenght all same BPM. creating 4,8,16,64 files didnt work. it just created the first slice of each sample and silence in all slices except the first… ? i wonder there is no manual or something?

EDITEDITEDIT:

i now used 8 drum loops i got from some sample library, using these works fine… whats the difference with my own drums? all same length, bpm, consolidated?

1 Like

Hey there, having an issue where the wav files generated by the octachainer are completely silent. MacOS monterey 12.6.1 and last version of octachainer. Anybody having same issues that could find a solution?

Look on the forum for a topic called Digichain.
It’s a web app created by one of the members and it will do everything you need and more. :wink:

3 Likes

Even unequal length slices with generated OT files, Megabreak ? :sketchy:

I think he implemented that recently.

Edit: I just checked his release notes.
He indeed added the possibility to have uneven slices and generates .ot files when exported.

3 Likes

Worked perfectly, thanks !!

Yes, it’s probably the format of the wavs you’re feeding into Octachainer. It doesn’t like 32-bit from my experience.

I’ve got a question about file format, as I’m about to create lots of chains for my AR mk1.
In the bitrate/Channels/Samplerate section, is it the source or the export settings ?
Does Octachainer convert the files before sending them ?

Salut.

Export.

?

Yeah, ignore that, allergies melt my brain. Thanks !

1 Like

Just saw this comment - and yes, import and export of .ot files (enable the .ot file creation in the settings, ot files only get generated when that is on and the export format is set to stereo 44.1k 16bit or 24 bit).
And for megabreaks, you can import existing chains, split them, then sort by slice number to group the slices in the list so all slice 1’s go in one chain, slice 2 in the next etc.

2 Likes

v1.3.1

ive finally gotten around to trying this…AND…
have an issue that someone had asked about but I didnt see a reply.

I put my samples into the chainer, hit CREATE and it crashes.
then I get a message “The default interactive shell is now zsh” [Mac Big Sur]

not a big deal if I cant get it to werk. I just wanted to try it, and wouldn’t mind saving some time sample splicing/slicing. I kinda hate doing it on the micro screen. but not the end of the world.

samples fed to it 24bit 44.1.

any ideas what im doing wrong?
thanks

[oh…and this is legit right? dont have to worry about malware?]

SO…seems like if you ADD SILENT SLICE it crashes it.

next thing, anyone have either octachainer or digichain introduce huge clicks to the samples? the samples I put in are good. the sample chain that is exported has majors clicks and pops at each slice

Always worked great with me,
Except for quite a few crashes, usually happening with silent slice or normalize or some other extra feature - in the end i use audacity for all sample processing (and silent slices if needed) and octachainer for simple chaining only - that way it works flawlessly with me (old Mac)