OctaChainer v1.2

This tool is just fantastic! Huge timesaver! Works flawlessly on my mac. Thanks Abhoth

3 Likes

Makes sense! Thank you for the suggestion. Iā€™m not sure if/when Iā€™ll get around to adding more features, but I like the idea.

just saw that there is an os x version :slight_smile:
Thank you so much.
Thumbs up for your effort and skills!

2 Likes

Fantastique !!! ( hope you understand french :wink: )
1ā€™000ā€™000ā€™000 x MERCI !!!

5 Likes

Does the download from the files section work for you? I click on the button and nothing happensā€¦

Great program, for sure. No complaints: it works beautifully. Batch chaining and normalizing would be great.

1 Like

One more addition request: a .ot file with grid mode. That way I can make chains for both OT/AR and still have slices ready for the OT.

Yep awesome app. Thanks mate.
Add normalizing and you will be a god among men.

4 Likes

I notice sometimes the BPM will have a period after it, sometimes not. Whatā€™s that about?

Would it be possible to enter in more precise tempo info? Like, say, to the tenth decimal? Or is that asking too much?

Again, great tool.

Sorry to keep blowing this up.

I see now (with lower BPM) the period is in fact a decimal. Cool. But Iā€™m still unable to get a precise BPM. Am i missing a feature?

When I try to download either the OSX or Win program I get a ā€œthis page is private or does not existā€ error from the forum. Any ideas? Thanks!

The original post is from the old forum and canā€™t be edited. You can see the new links from the ā€œpopular linksā€ section below the original post or scroll back until you see my updated post.

The file section is back up on the new forum, btw, so you could navigate to the file manually as well, I guessā€¦

Thanks so much for making this. Itā€™s such a useful app!

1 Like

Iā€™m on Mac OsX 10.6.8. Is there a legacy version anywhere? Thx.

At @Abhothā€™s request, I pasted new download links in the first post on this topic:

1 Like

No, sorry. But as the windows version runs on macs with Wine, perhaps that will work? I know next to nothing about macs, so just guessing hereā€¦

1 Like

Shouldnā€™t be too hard to add the simplest form of normalization. Iā€™d be happy to have a go at it. At a point I had the code compiling on my Mac.

@psyclone001, would you want normalization per sample or a button to normalize all samples?

Button to normalise all samples within the chain would be great

this is magic! thanks a lot for the effort Abboth. the maximum number of slices in normal and steps modes is 64 right?

In the manual. 64 slices in slice mode, 127 start positions in normal mode.