OctaChainer v1.2

where is the manual? seems i missed it.

Audio Editor chapter. You can also turn the pot to see the max values !

1 Like

oh man, what was I thinking :smiley: thanks sezare!

1 Like

thanks a lot Abhoth !!!

1 Like

Sorry for off-topic but can anyone recommend an ā€œocta-splitterā€? I have some jams etc. that I want chopped up into separate one-shots with auto-numbered files, but itā€™s tedious manually. I looked at ReCycle but it doesnā€™t seem to do quite what I want from the 30 seconds I saw of it. I donā€™t mind paying at least within reason. Thanks. (PS - Windows only)

2 Likes

Perfect - thanks!

1 Like

Any updated links for this? The Windows DB seems to be missing.

The Windows link is down for me, too.

The reason Iā€™m looking is because I think I might be having an issue with the Chainer and converted samples. I have found that when I convert samples from 24/44 to 16/48, the samples in a chain act much more bizarrely and with more difficulty than if they were left as single samples. In a chain, the converted samples will a.) make a mess of sending them via C6 (takes longer, fits of interruptions) and then b.) make a mess of the project/+Drive - canā€™t move, delete, they donā€™t sound right, not spaced correctly, donā€™t play through ect. Again, this only happens when the converted samples are put together into chains with OctaChainer. If they are left as single samples, none of the aforementioned problems occur. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Id thought maybe I have an old version so went looking for a new one. I love this software so hope the issue can be worked out.

Ah, DropBox changed their URLs recently. Iā€™ll fix it. But both the windows and mac version can be found in the forum files section as well. V1.2 is the latest version. Released 1 1/2 years ago.

It is unlikely that OctaChainer is the cause of the problems you are experiencing, btw. It outputs a standard wav file, same as any other. But if there is one thing Iā€™ve learned as a developer is to never be too sure of anything! If you DO track the problem down to OctaChainer, Iā€™d be interested in a problematic wav so that I can investigate what is going on.

5 Likes

Salut Abhoth :wink:. Would it be possible for you to add a great option : fade in and fade out for each slice, with time and eventually curve ?
Merciā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t doubt that.

Iā€™ll do some more tests (eventually) and come back if I still canā€™t figure it out. Thanks for your time!

2 Likes

Oui! Mais je suis paresseux. :frowning: There have been some very good suggestions for features that arenā€™t hard to add. Normalization, this one, auto trimming of trailing silence, etc. And one for the AR users where a long sample could span several ā€œslotsā€ to save space. And a max-slice-length setting. Probably some more I donā€™t remember right now.

Implementing the features wouldnā€™t be much work, but when added up, the GUI should get a make-over as well. At least some kind of visual representation of the resulting waveform and slices. I probably wonā€™t get around to adding any of this anytime soon. When not at work I try to avoid sitting in front of the computer as much as I can.

2 Likes

I can do it with batch processing but Iā€™m lazy and try to avoid computer too. :grin:

Hey, the link seems to be dead, Could someone re upload the Mac version somewhere for me?

edit:nevermind, I found it. sometimes I am bad at internet

looking for it also, have followed a few threads only to find dead links, can someone post the working link? thanks.

found it here: https://ticticelectro.com/2017/08/26/octachainer-v1-3/

7 Likes

Actually this is the link of the new 1.3 version !
With great options. :thup:
Thanks @Abhoth ! :content:

1 Like

Thanks for the v1.3 @Abhoth !
Any chance that you could implement a way to open a .OT file ?
I ran out of free slots, so adding samples to an old chain is the only thing that could save me.
Thanks again for your work.

hey does the Octachainer supports MacOS Mojave? I have trouble rendering 120 samples chains in ā€œARā€ mode. Tried it with 10 samples and it worked fine. But with 120 the app is crashing and its not possible to open .wav file ā€¦ but would be great as it is so hands on!