Nunomo Qun Mk2 : Pocket sized synthesizer with sequencer and looper

Nunomo Qun Mk2: Pocket sized synthesizer with sequencer and looper - gearnews.com

For people who cant affors a $2000 OP-1?!

9 Likes

It looks pretty cool ! If the ergonomic side of it it correctly handled I would fell for it !

Yup- at 150 bucks it falls firmly in the ā€˜just buy it for funā€™ category without a lot of deep thought or justification needed!

VA, WT and Granular synths! Sounds pretty good to me.

64 step sequencer with randomness etc, 3 track Looper can record the sound up to 25 sec per recording, synchronized with the sequencer. SD card storage!

I cant believe this costs half of what it costs for the OP-1 field wrap case :- :smile:

8 Likes

Pretty amazing.

if this can loop external audio quantized to a tempo (and based on the video it seems like it does) then Iā€™m quite interested

2 Likes

This looks awesome. Like a DT/DN smashed together in a tiny box for $155. It has a subtractive synth, 4OP FM synth, granular synth, and it samples. Hell yeah.

3 Likes

Well I have mine now and I love it. Itā€™s basically an attachable upgrade to my M:S via midi clock and audio out into Qun. So now my M:S can sample/resample, has VA, FM and granular synthesis methods, 3 extra tracks with infinite overdubs, and pre/post effects like bitcrush and compression.

Itā€™s the perfect budget alternative to the Digiā€™s.

5 out of 5 stars :+1:t2:

13 Likes

This creator just keeps updating firmware with more and more features. This tiny device is becoming so deep and complex, endless possibilities to explore especially in combination with other devices, I think I might almost know what itā€™s like to own an OT now with this insane learning curveā€¦

Iā€™ve compared this to digiā€™s but also if you like the idea of M8 but hate trackers this may be for you.

Iā€™m honestly surprised this thread is so quiet.

4 Likes

Would like to see how this works with your ms, sounds really interesting, gona check out some vids

Post some sounds?

1 Like

Thanks for the report on this. I picked up a few things this year that Iā€™m really happy with (including M8) so I donā€™t really need it, but the form factor and price are very appealing.

1 Like

Maybe I will, but Iā€™m pretty busy with life and work stuff, I barely have time to mess around with my gear, anyway Iā€™m not trying to be a salesman here, just making an observation.

2 Likes

The poor guy is pretty bad at making demos and tutorials to be honest, thereā€™s a whole 4OP FM synth he hasnā€™t even touched on, Iā€™d make some for him but Iā€™ve never made a video in my life nor do I really have time right now, but you can tell from his videos that it has much potential.

Attention: YouTube gear influencers/reviewers - your services are needed for Qun2.

4 Likes

Looks like a cool little feature packed thing!

1 Like
2 Likes
5 Likes

Wondering if anyone use it together with Elektrons? Seems like super lovely lo fi sampler / beat maker!

Canā€™t get info on polyphony / midi implementation.

Could anyone explain what it is in terms of polyphony / multitimbrality?

1 Like

itā€™s a 2-oscillator monosynth, that can be set to be duophonic, and you can chain more than one unit together using MIDI (up to 8 units? it says thatā€™s ā€œexperimentalā€ in the manual linked below)

hereā€™s an online reference/manual:

1 Like

Still donā€™t get it, in sampler / granular mode I can see it plays 3 or more different sounds at once and of course sequence them. And I guess it has some kind of automation for parameters in the sequencer, or?

the built-in ā€˜sequencerā€™ is an 8-step step sequencer, notes only with no MIDI CC recording or automation - itā€™s a silly little bonus that you get for free with the synth. Iā€™ve never used the Qun sequencer, I control it with an Octatrack MIDI track. MIDI CC control works great when sequenced from a more sophisticated device like an MPC, Octatrack, DAW, etc

1 Like