Nunomo Qun Mk2 : Pocket sized synthesizer with sequencer and looper

It sounds like automation but it’s actually recordings/overdubs on the 3 looper tracks. The sequencer really only controls note, gate, velocity for one sound at a time. It’s actually a fairly deep sequencer with scales, variations and probability, just no plocks, but you simulate that with overdubs. There have been so many updates and I still need to buy an sd card reader so I’m not familiar with its present abilities and new ui.

2 Likes

Haven’t had a chance to explore it yet but new feature: parameter lock :astonished:

This little thing is becoming more and more like an elektron micro-digibox

3 Likes
5 Likes

You have sequenced it with an mpc? How did it work? I ask since mpc sends notes in a very non keyboard way.

No, I don’t have an MPC, so I haven’t tried it personally… but the Qun should work with any sequencer sending MIDI notes…

I’ve used it with an Octatrack, and they work great together.

Thanks for the great video. Just ordered one.

Not mine, wow

20 Likes

Awesome early Four Tet vibes.

Still waiting on mine to arrive, it’s been about a month and there have been 4-5 new firmware updates just since I ordered, including what seems like a really authentic vinyl scratch emulator.

Can’t wait to receive it and pair it with my Digitakt.

That’s my video! :blush: Thank you for sharing it.

12 Likes

This looks like such a fun piece of gear…

But learning all the shortcuts/combos of buttons must be crazy hard lol

Yeah I’ve had one for a couple months and yeah, it’s weird and there’s not great documentation and the videos on YouTube aren’t that great either.

I need to sit down again and really look at it but it does feel like there’s a bit too much crammed into an interface like this. Also not a fan of the build which is really just 3 PCB boards stacked with risers. It doesn’t feel finished.

I do realize this is made by a one man effort (or at the very least a very small team) so these aren’t weighted too hard for me and I do think if you’re looking at synths like this you’re far down the rabbit hole and can expect some oddities. But yeah, it’s an odd little thing that’s for sure. The OLED is beautiful though. Way better than what’s on the Micromonsta 2.

2 Likes

Hmm yes I am a bit confused about the build… why is this not full enclosed box? Seems like its a no brainer for such a small device…

The Oled does look nice, Korg take notes for next volcas please :frowning:

It seems like insanely great value for the price even if you’d probably want some external controller.

Had no idea you were on the forum! I’ve been listening to your tracks for years.

2 Likes

Thanks man! Yeah I’m an Elektronauts lurker, but infrequent poster.

1 Like

you have officially sold me on this. that is a mind blowing video. i love every single sound in that track and the mixing is perfect. didnt know you could sequence, loop, and p lock 4 parts on this thing

Yes its very very very powerful but somehow half of its features are not listed on the product details. Also with the newer firmware it does even more, honestly for the price there is nothing that even come close. It is pretty incredible.

Would love a slightly bigger version with more buttons and synths for double the price to never ever bother getting a elektron digi box again lol

2 Likes

that would be my dream synth. as long as it is capable of producing the sounds i hear in these demos. love that character and feature set. almost perfect

1 Like

I read something about the outputs (maybe just the headphone out) not being very hot. Is this an issue, or is it the same as any synth/norns output?

Is there a good case for this?
Open sides :grimacing:

1 Like

I’ve just been keeping it in the original box when not using it.

Also, how is anyone learning this when the firmware changes every two weeks? Is there a recent tutorial that takes you through making a track from start to finish? I only see isolated features highlighted on YT. What I would give for a Cuckoo tutorial on this.

1 Like