Novation Peak

Love the pads on this synth. The FX are huge on it.

1 Like

200 is a steal for the blofeld

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, I had seen that but I reckoned on an approach much like yourself. The amp env being dedicated is the most important part and Iā€™m possibly a lazy synthesist but I rarely use more than an amp and filter envelope in most patches even when Iā€™m working with something like Reaktor/Nord Modular when envelopes are ten-a-penny. I tend to use multiple LFOs and so this is an area where the Peak appeals to me also.

Hi all,
Iā€™ve just uploaded a video demo of the Extinction Ambient Patch Bank for Novation Peak. Included are 86 presets, lots of Pads and 8 new user wavetables.

Hereā€™s a spam-sucks-boooo-introduction-discount-code that gives you a 25 % off the regular price: ā€œsvalbardā€
-> https://limbicbits.onfastspring.com/novation-peak-patch-bank-extinction

6 Likes

Funny how pre user wavetable update, there where several Peaks floating around here in Sweden. I was gonna snag a used one after superbooth. Pro update, not a single peak on the used market.

This update was to good :smile:

2 Likes

hey all. ā€¦ anyone else finding peak v1.3 doesnā€™t save user wave tables after reboot?

Go to the very end of the oscillator menu - there you can save each one individually.

2 Likes

Buy new, I bet you can snag a great price right now as a lot of retailers are offering fat discounts if you just call and ask. Itā€™s an unbeatable synth. Just get your hands on one somehow! Iā€™m sure you can get at least 20% off retail.

I roughly have 800$ and thatā€™s what theyā€™re going for used. Theyā€™re like 1250$ new over here.

Iā€™m just gonna wait a bit. I have still my modular effects rack to assemble, no need to stress :blush:

1 Like

Totally. 20% off 1250 is 1000 though, getting you pretty close to that budgetā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Haha true

1 Like

yeah I save the wavetable in components, then find it in user toggle on left pane in components, then send to a user WT slot ā€¦I saved the WTs as new names and could see them both in slot 1 &2 ā€¦ still working fine when components shut down, usb cable removed ā€¦ so they are on the peak ā€¦ and assigned to two different patches. I cycled between them to check also and they kept working ā€¦but on reboot ā€¦all gone! Each just defaults back to the standard sine wave default user WT. :frowning:

Thereā€™s an option in the Peakā€™s oscillator menu on the last page to save the custom wavetables individually (iirc). This will keep them in memory when switching off.

2 Likes

havenā€˜t installed the latest fw - whatā€˜s the steps? USB -> Novation WebApp in Browser -> upload Wavetables -> save if you want to keep them?

1 Like

Generation Youtube: watching 20 min tutorials to get one information that could have been 10 words.

5 Likes

I donā€™t really understand how these user wavetables should be used. If I canā€™t save wavetable information in patches, I have to make sure that the wavetables matches whatever patch set I currently have loaded. This seems quite cumbersome and prone for errors.

Hahahaā€¦ya. But the info was there for ya.
I would submit, itā€™s more efficient to make 1 video with all the updates, vs 1 video for each one.

Was just trying to help out. Not trying to be a dick.

If you missed that piece of info, perhaps you missed others and the vid mighta been informative.

adding: generation impatience/I want it now

im pre youtubeā€¦hellā€¦pre cell phone ;)ā€¦FUCKā€¦pre push button phoneā€¦WTF! :sob:

awesome! didnā€™t spot that. fixed :slight_smile:

I get what you are saying, but I feel you maybe overstating the inconvenience. We can use components to off-load both the patch and its associated wavetable, so I think it just requires a little organization on the users part to keep track of that relationship. Personally Iā€™m not that organized, but it doesnā€™t bother me (and would not surprise me) to discover my patch is different one day. Maybe I get lucky and I like it better. :slight_smile:

1 Like