Novation Peak

Still cool that Novation / Focusrite is pushing things. If only there was a Pro 2 desktop module.

3 Likes

No-one needs cv pitch/gate in except Elektron A4 owners. Most people use midi for sequencing duties.

1 Like

Man, I love what I hear. I can hear those distinctly complex digital waveforms hitting those smooth analog filters. This has just changed my gear purchasing plans I think.

1 Like

Really? Ummā€¦ a lot of vintage gear and all modular gear :mask:

1 Like

A bit shocked at the asking price and a bit meh about the sound Iā€™m hearing. More demos required! Itā€™s a shame its not multi timbral, a real shame. More hands on than a Parva but I think I would opt for the Futursonus if doing a head to head.

i think vintage gear and modular would mostly benefit from cv/gate outputs in other devices, not inputs.

This thing sounds so unique to me; I find myself comparing it to things like the Ensoniq EPS or Sequential Prophet VS in my head. I definitely wouldnā€™t want this synth to have to compete with analog polysynths. This synth appears to be quite capable of creating sounds other synths canā€™t.

Itā€™s very common for vintage synths to have CV inputs. The key componenet of a modular system is the array of clock generators, trigger generators, LFOs, sequencers, Logic operatorsā€¦ etc. etc.

close to 1.5k? Too thick for my blood. The new waldorf seems much more interesting to me, and costs only double what this costs.

1 Like

itā€™s a joke right ? because to me the double of 1.5k isnā€™t nothing itā€™s like ā€œmehā€ this car is only two times the price of this oneā€¦ I prefer to jump on the most expansive itā€™s only a small step in between :joy:

2 Likes

What I mean is, 1.5k is not exactly impulse buy category. This costs as much as an elektron box. If I really wanted something like this, Iā€™d have to finance it separately, and at that point loaning 2k or 3k is pretty much the same to me. Iā€™d end up doing time for a year or two.

And sure enough, even though the quantum costs double, itā€™s more than two times more desirable to me. YMMV as usual.

3 Likes

Ditto. At half that price I would be interested. Looks like a nice interface tho.

Maybe the design is a bad choiceā€¦ even if it start from Bass Station as itā€™s look like itā€¦ we think to the Bass Station then we look the price and be Disorientedā€¦
Sounds good but a maybe overpriced a bit you right on that point.

There are 8 analog filters, 8 analog overdrives, and a bunch of NCOs. The price seems extremely reasonable to me.

3 Likes

true. also, this is a desktop module with no sequencer, so cv outs make much less sense. cv inputs, these days, should be must haves on modules in this price range.

hell my korg arp odyssey module has it (okay its a vintage re-issue) and the thing is $600.
my avalon bassline has it too.

1 Like

I just donā€™t see the need for cv in when it has midi inā€¦

There are 8 filters and 8 overdrives on the rytm too. And 10 outputs. And a compressor. And a very good sequencerā€¦

2 Likes

The RYTM list is $1449 so the prices are basically the same; Iā€™d actually expect an 8-voice poly with analog filters, and all these features to cost more. The Novation has a 16 slot modulation matrix, all types of effects, etc. Iā€™d much rather have one of these than a Berhinger Deepmind 12.

1 Like

itā€™s like oberheim meeting Juno on a arturia origin form factor ā€¦ (a bit)
anyway sound cool I guess the analog conversion to 96k before to going into digital effects are part of the soundā€¦

1 Like

Isnā€™t it 17 overdrives? Pre and post filter per voice and a master overdrive effect.