Novation Launchpad Pro Mk3

“Keep your tracks evolving with the four-track, eight-note polyphonic, 32-step standalone sequencer. Sequence virtual instruments and instantly print patterns to Clips in Ableton Live. Or hook up your favourite hardware to play patterns via MIDI — Launchpad Pro integrates seamlessly. Micro Steps take grooves off-grid. Probability, Mutation, Sync Rate and Play Order let you transform your patterns on the fly. Patterns can be chained together and assigned to Scenes to build complete songs.”

https://novationmusic.com/en/launch/launchpad-pro?_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8RFNEyJbs105ex7EQXrKpbPJ5x0326Jcw1_khxZgEIjVXGvoi5tAmyPFZr-ux6p8b9xJt3Wol0Gn9TlLfQC75DsjPgJQ&_hsmi=81877437

7 Likes

Wow this is pretty good for 349 US. Chord mode too.

Mutate mode which is what the squid has too right ?

2 Likes

Yeah, I like the sleeker, slimmer design, and the built in sequencer, allowing it to be standalone. They seemed to have added the features I wanted in the first Launchpad Pro. It seems like a good deal too.

1 Like

Velocity and Pressure sensitive pads and stand alone midi sequencer make this look quite attractive…299 GBP UK

1 Like

I have a push 2 and all but sometimes I work in cubase and need quick access to chords using shortcut buttons. In a way this is a good buy because if I ever stop using ableton I have a controller for other things.

1 Like

Been waiting forever for this and it’s even better than I imagined.

2 Likes

I know I’m biased but this is a serious bit of kit, the sequencer’s really powerful and the 8 customisable templates make for excellent Elektron controllers too.

It becomes a bit like a central control/sequencer station.

I plan on making a video in the next couple of days with it in stand alone mode along with some OT mappings.

Oh and using the Launchpad Pro/ LPX or Mini MK3s with customised templates, you can get the famous OT transition trick done it two button presses!!! it’s pretty darn neat.

-CALC-

Here’s the LPP showing a template set up for Mute/Cue control of the tracks, the crossfader and the red buttons at the top arm Flex machines for live sampling and transition trick ;0)

30 Likes

Wowowowowow !!!

It’s so damn neat !!

Serious contender against the Keystep Pro !

I love the in-built sequencer ala Circuit/MonoStation ! I love jamming using those « sequencer mangling » feature , really great for happy accident !

Sadly (or not ?) I already have my setup done with all my stuff with the Digitakt being the brain of my setup … I don’t see how and why I could use it

I’m already using the Beatstep Pro (into the Digitakt) to get quick drum sequence and quick arpegiatos … meh
Chord mode seems to be super easy and quick to use though …

AAAAAARGH !! So tempting :joy:

Well done Novation btw !!

The legend himself! Haha. Love your Demos man always look forward to watching. You and Ricky always bring the quality in.

3 Likes

I have one and have been noodling with it for a few months now. The original LPP has been a central part of my rig for the last few years. This is a wonderful improvement: The pad feel is really great, and the improved Note mode is great.

If anyone has technical questions, ask away!

7 Likes

Just 32 steps? Seriously? I‘m out.

2 Likes

More like in blocks of 32 steps: Each track has 8 pattern slots, each of which is upto 32 steps. It is very easy to record & play a set of patterns as a single looping element. And tracks can be at different speeds… So if you want a 12 bar bass line, you can easily play that track ½ speed, so you get 4 measures per pattern, and record/play 3 patterns together - so you now have 12 bars.

6 Likes

Finally, something cool and useable that uses USB C!

Very nice looking controller

3 Likes

Hi there !

Did you know if there is a « Arp mode » on this new boi ?

Because betwenn this and the new upcoming Keystep Pro , my heart can’t decide hahahah

This is available now in BLACK. Job Done!

2 Likes

There is no arpeggiator.

Now, it’s not the same at all, but the new Chord mode layout makes it trivial to play arpeggiated chords by hand.

3 Likes

So each track can have its own time signature and number of steps? How far can I take this in terms of polyrythm stuff?

1 Like

Looks great, but for that price you can get a used Push 2.

How so?

Yeah, but your Push 2 can’t be used for standalone midi control :wink:

9 Likes