Notes transposed after chromatic recording

With the ocoast, i record a sequence in chromatic mode, after when this sequence is read, why the notes are 2 octaves transposed? Thx

i had the same issue with my Neutron, in my case all notes where transposed 2 semitones.
No idea how to fix it in the existing Project, but opening up a new one did fix it for the new project.

i mess around with a lot of different sequencing methods with ipad apps,and a keystep, and also have a controller controlling the audio tracks on the digitakt. I guess some midi CC got send to the digitakt and changed some settings that messed up the midi settings .

Thanks…
When i change the project the problem is resolved.
If I go back to the last project the problem comes back.
I want to understand why, i dont want to abord my project.

What Elektron gear are you using? Assuming DT, check that the base is set to just one note on C3 otherwise it might be transposing. I’ve had some notes go rogue somehow and cause that problem.

Yes! I caught my mistake and edited. Thanks for the clarification

yes i use only the dt. all notes in the trig mode are C3.

i balance this problem, doing transposition of the trig note2 below to octaves down.
i think it’s a another bug…

Is your firmware the latest for the dt?

yes it’s the last firmware.

Are you sure no other note got set in poly? That’s the only reason it happens to me.

1 Like

I checked again, only the not1 is active.
when the loop has made a turn, there is a transposition of 2 octaves.

When you check the trig, it has changed two octaves? Is there a difference when you dial in the trig vs. using chromatic mode?

in live recording, i play a C3 note whit the digtakt keyboard (+0) in chromatic mode (func+chromatic) , i listen directly this note, when the sequencer loop restart to the first recorded note, this note is transposed 2 octave up (c5).
In trig recording the note is not transposed.

I noticed that, too! When sequencing the moog model d app from Digitakt it would play where I wanted it in chromatic-live-record mode and then it would transpose when looping the recorded sequence.

…can’t remember now if that was the last OS or the current OS. Out of town til Sunday so I can’t try it again til then

I’ve been fighting with this same problem.
I’ve got my DT sending midi to a Roland System-1. I’ve got a trig that should be sending a G3, but when I start playback it plays a G5. Likewise, if I set the trig note to a C3 I get a C5.
The interesting bit is if I just hit the TRK button to trigger the base note, it plays a C5 like I’d expect. I don’t understand why, but it seems like the midi note is always two octaves higher.

I’m also not using chromatic recording, I’m just dialling in the notes manually.

I’ve been trying to prep for a live set, but this is really getting in my way.

2 Likes

This is odd. I’ve not experienced this myself. But now and then there are oddities still with the Digitakt for sure.

Quick follow up:
I fiddled with this some more and managed to work around it. I was having the issue on both TRK-G and TRK-H. Clearing the sequence and settings to reset the TRK didn’t help. But if I programmed the same settings on TRK-A they were fine. So I copied from TRK-A to TRK-H and the problem went away.

Just a wild guess, but maybe some bad state information made it’s way into the two offending TRKs between OS version upgrades.

1 Like

I do have the same issue. Recording something in chromatic mode, and afterwards the notes gets transposed. If I stop the sequence, and then play it again, it does however play the sequence correctly.

1 Like

no solution found

1 Like
1 Like