Notes transposed after chromatic recording

i try it, it’s same.

I’ve tried putting the base note on C3 rather than C5, and then real-time-record… that solved the transporing issue for me. Now my notes play right in the same octave as recorded.

Anyways, if by doing this you still have problems about transpose, you should contact support then.

Another bug.

the chromatic keyboard notes are wihtout transposition:
C6# D5# F5# G5# A6#
C6 D6 E5 F5 G5 A6 B6

octaves up are ok

Well, that’s pretty odd indeed.
I think you should contact support, cause it’s not normal at all.

I got exactly the same problem in combination with a Novation Bass Station II. Very odd. Please fix Elektron.
Running DT on 1.10

1 Like

you have to copy your tracks one by one into a new project.

2 Likes

FYI my BSII was off by a half step after recording and I moved the pitchwheel all the way up then back down and it fixed it…

1 Like

Is this issue still not covered? I have the same problem. Manually jamming in chromatic mode results in the correct octave being triggered but immediately after recording the DT starts triggering note 2 octaves higher…

1 Like

I’ve never had this issue and use chromatic mode all the time.

2 Likes

I have the exact same issue. I play the notes in chromatic mode, base set to C5, Kbd+0. After I record a sequence (MIDI track) the notes are transposed one octave higher.

I have had the Digitakt for months and have not encountered this issue before, but since it started i’m not able to get it to record in the right octave.

if you have the save issue whit another banks, not in a new projet, you have to copy your tracks one by one into a new project.

With the last os update 1.11 , this problem come back ! fuck!!!

1 Like

I just experienced this issue…not sure if it’s been resolved elsewhere, but for the recordI found the following…

if I had a midi channel number set against Midi Tracks A - H in the Settings / Midi Config / Channels menu, and I also had the Midi Channel set on the Track / SRC / Channel page…it causes some transposition down when you play notes in Chromatcic mode. When you record this playing, the notes are played back at a higher pitch. If you turn off the channel in the Settings / Midi Config menu and just leave the channel set on the track …it seems to work as you would expect.

I have to admit…I don’t really understand why there are Midi channel settings in two places…I have read the manual and i can’t quite get my head around it…so perhaps there is a good reason why you’d need them enabled in both places that I’m not yet aware of.

6 Likes

Thanks SO much for this!
Don’t know how you worked this out, but i’m so glad you did!

The midi channel assignment in the setup menu is for incoming midi traffic. The channels you chose here the midi tracks will receive on those.

The midi channel selected in the parameters page is for outgoing traffic. This is the channel(s) the track will output midi data to.

3 Likes

Thanks!

This is the correct answer, thanks!

In my case I had the DT driving a monosynth and the recorded notes were being transposed by varying degrees.

Some of the non-root notes had been changed in the trig page. Once they were all set back to zero the notes were recorded correctly.

Might explain why some fixed the issue by starting a new project.