Note Off / Trig Length - MIDI Tracks

Hi,

I just got a BSII and started playing around with using the DT to sequence it. It is a blast, and I’m stoked to have the DT be the brain of my setup now.

One issue I’m noting is that no matter how short I set the trig length to be, note-off commands are not being sent. The notes will ring out indefinitely throughout the sequence and if the sequence is stopped at any point.

Anyone else using the DT to sequence things externally: have you had any issues similar to this? Is this user error?

Thanks!

1 Like

Using DT to sequence external stuff, get note offs, and setting or locking the LEN param on the TRIG page works as expected for me. If I set LEN to INF, it also sends stop on transport stop (and also as soon as another trig is sent on the same track).

1 Like

DT sends note off on midi tracks for sure. What happens if you manually trigger a note, either on DT and on BSII? Check the release time on BS, somtimes you can’t see them directly from the slider settings.

1 Like

Yup, that’s my next step. I think I may have dialed in accidentally a CC to modulate that kept the release basically infinite. The weird thing is I set up each trig as a program change, and never saved over the original BS preset, so it should never have an infinite sustain.

Will try working it with tomorrow and report back.

Thanks!

well done! :totes:

Reporting back. It must have been user error. Note stop is being transmitted just fine today!

1 Like

I have a feeling we’ll be seeing some RMR vids featuring the ol 'takt pretty soon :thup:

2 Likes

I was having issue with 1.01 and note offs not happening: DT bug reports - OS 1.01

I’ve not tried in 1.03 but the update doesn’t mention anything that might fix the issue. I contacted support and it’s intended behaviour…

1 Like

Definitely! I took a week to get to know it, to make sure I wanted to keep it. Now it’s about diving into the play sessions to flesh them out. I’m holding out on serious recording with it until Overbridge and a better library management system is revealed, but definitely playing hard on it.

1 Like

I totally feel you on the Overbrige and sample management. Btw thanks for inspiring the soul out of me with the op1 work. Gave me purpose on the beats again.

-NV

3 Likes

<3

2 Likes