Norand Mono (Analog Bass Synth with Sequencer)

It’s worth the wait. Really great sounding bit of kit. Got some great weight to the sound.

1 Like

I don’t remember the price, can you tell us the full price please (there’s nothing on their website about it, only the balance due)?

A few posts up indicates 890 euro

1 Like

I saw it but I was wondering if it were still the right price.

There were some emails earlier to those who had signed up early to indicate that they had managed to save some costs. They mentioned that that works have an impact on full price when it was released.
I paid the 666 euro by signing up pre-production. Had a little bit on to for the joy of Brexit but nothing serious.

I’ve been messing with it for the last hour and a half. It’s impressive.

Just recording a take with some drums. I’ll upload in a minute.

1 Like

I was on the waiting list but couldn’t find the e-mail. I must have deleted it as I said to myself to not buy anything if I don’t sell something. Right now, I’m happy with the things I have and don’t intend to sell anything in the near future. I must admit, though, that this Mono is tempting.

Here’s a little bit of messing with a pattern. Nothing musically mind blowing but this is a bit of FM and the great filter. the resonance and the envelopes are great too.

It was running through the OTO Bam for a little bit of reverb but nothing that colours the sound very much.

10 Likes

I just became aware of this machine yesterday. I was skeptical I personally would be into it as I usually end up selling my mono synths after a few months, but the sounds out of this thing have me itching at the buy button for the next batch.

Seems quite conceptually similar to the Future Retro 777 and the Abstract Avalon Bassline, pretty interesting.

4 Likes

Filter sounds good.

It’s a great synth with a really clever interface. The filter is really nice and brings out the tones of the oscillators really well.
It’s full of sweetspots to explore.

2 Likes

700 euro on their site. Free shipping.

What’s the verdict on the sound, I.e Any weaknesses?
I loved the old FR-777

I’m still really happy with it. I’m using it with the sequencer synced with my setup and it’s great to work with.

The oscillators are great and really weighty, and the filter is really smooth in my opinion.

Since it’s arrival it’s been used on everything I’ve been making.

4 Likes

I am loving mine. Wish I could say more, but I’m still figuring it out… so many sick sounds so far though

3 Likes

My understanding of the “mod notes” is that they’re what we know as sound locks, but in mod note mode you can also trigger them live, as sort of punch-in stabs.

That’s super cool. Also read somewhere that it can switch between projects without interrupting the sequencer. Add in the state variable filter, and various randomization capabilities, this thing looks like it has a lot of tricks up it’s sleeve.

6 Likes

Oof, this looks like a lot of fun… Like a beast-mode Monologue.

1 Like

No screen … wondering how easy to navigate patches, saving to different slots etc will be. Something I really miss on the minitaur… for making sure I save a patch in the right slot etc. Guess those sequencer buttons can be put to good use!

Well at least on this you have some buttons to light up as bank and pattern signifiers. Like 303, 606, Elektrons, etc.

I would not be worried that it would be similar to a Minotaur workflow.

That’s why a thing like Digitakt MIDI Tracks are so precious with those screenless devices. Choose a Channel, choose a Bank or a SubBank, choose a Program, tweak your device (Sirin, Minitaur, Mono, …), save your Preset on the device et voilà, you don’t need to remember everything.

7 Likes

Sooo, i’ve got it, like it (reminds me of the Manther a bit, i need to check whether this utilizes some of the same chips.) Still need to devote enough time that i understand the modulations better!

Has some tuning to find sweet spots, i have a few problems-

1. The outer potentiometer shell is coming off on a knob. I wonder how i should secure it?

2. I’m getting stuck in a mode i don’t understand where i can’t get out, I can alter triggers and run the sequence but i can’t open the patterns menu or use other buttons like engaging hard sync. Anyone know what i’m talking about here? I’ve read the manual but this seems like a bug, i’ve lost a few patches/sequences because i can’t save.

I’ve been able to get out… somehow a few times but i don’t know what i did to re-engage. I remember i was playing with trigs but don’t recall anything specific that would make sense with the workflow.

1 Like