Noob questions

Thanks for answering and congrats for the video, very very good ! The funny thing is, after seeing your video i like my Octa even more :smile:

5 Likes

I have a million LOGxxxxxx.txt files on the root of my CF card. Is it safe to delete them ?

I loaded about 50 samples from my computer to the audio folder in the OT. They’re all in .wav format(converted from .mp3) and the OT only plays about 5 of the samples and the rest get sample load errors. Does anyone have an idea how I can get them all to play?

Make a book? Apparently just report files, all you need should be in your set(s) folder(s).

Probably a bad convertion. Make a good convertion with the right settings / software.
Uncompressed Wav or Aiff, 44.1 khz, 16 bit or 24 bit.

OT deserves better than mp3 files as source.

2 Likes

Thanks! They were being converted at 32-bit

1 Like

Quickquestion: why do I sometimes have stereo image issues when I’m recording from just a single recorder input (input A) I have a prefader aux send from my mixer. I am using TRS cable but it doesn’t happen all the time. Sometimes it seems like there’s slight phasing happening but that could just be my room but sometimes the whole Left or Right channel will be completely missing and I have to subtract from the opposite channel in the audio editor.

In REC SETUP, don’t you choose INAB = A ?

1 Like

TRS cable on a single input=balanced mono, not stereo. If you use a TRS cable from a stereo source into a single OT input, you will indeed either hear (severe) phasing, and everything that was dead center in the stereo image will be missing. That is because the two Tip and Ring signals are polarity inverted then combined on arrival. It’s not meant to be used that way.

2 Likes

Hah I just went I’d course I did and went back and realized that the samples I’ve been working two days on had somehow changed

:woozy_face:

Is there a way to play audio and midi tracks simultaneously? On my digitakt I have audio tracks on trigs 1-8 and midi tracks on trigs 9-16 and can layer them on top of one another while playing live. I can’t seem to do this on OT since I have to push the midi button every time I want to play midi tracks, and going back and forth from audio to midi while live jamming is a bit of a hassle. There’s gotta be a way to play both audio and midi tracks live simultaneously that i haven’t figured out yet. I’m pretty new to OT and Im sequencing 7 midi tracks from my Virus TI and my 0-coast with the other track. They’re all set in flex machines

I don’t understand the question(s) sorry?

The [ Audio | Midi ] is to change the mode. [ Function ] + [ Track ] then mutes/unmutes Audio nn / Midi nn as applicable depending on the mode.

Try [ Mixer ] and you can mute/unmute all tracks at the same time? [ Trig nn ] then relates to [ Track nn ] with Midi Tracks being 09-16

1 Like

I understood it as a mute “problem” too.
There is also a usefull Mute Mode (Func + Down Arrow, Grid Recording of).

OT can do everything DT can do and more!
(small exceptions :content:).

Ok what I’m wondering is can I play a midi track from midi mode and an audio track at the same time?

Yes but only 1 midi track and 1 audio track.
:slight_smile:
Kidding. Of course you can! Did you try Mixer and Mute modes?

OT can play 8 audio tracks, 8 midi tracks, and record with the 8 recorders at rhe same time.

I don’t understand what you are asking. I’m a simple man.

Sequencing you can do all 16 tracks at once; or any combination thereof.

Are you asking can you play midi in; and trigger both the Audio Track and Midi Track?

1 Like

Hey Elektronauts,

Just got my hands on a used Octatrack MK1 and I’m having an issue I can’t get past.

I performed an empty reset and upgraded to the newest OS (1.31).

I loaded some samples via USB Disk Mode.

I created a project, set up some Flex machine machine tracks, loaded some samples into the slots, and entered Grid Record mode.

Things seem to be working as expected pressing start and stop and adding trigs for a second, but soon the machine won’t let me stop the sequence or disable record mode.

In addition, only pressing the transport buttons makes them perform other (i.e. pressing Record copies trigs rather than turning off Grid recording mode)

However, the function button does not seem stuck at all.

Booting up Test Mode says everything is ok, other than Trig 10 seeming sticky.

I’m really stumped here.

I’m a noob so there might be something simple I’m missing but like I mentioned Trig 10 is a bit sticky so maybe it’s a hardware problem.

Any ideas on what the issue might be?

Thanks so much!!

• Mike

In mixer mode it seems like I can play audio and midi tracks if they’ve already been triggered. But what I’m trying to do is play an audio track live over a midi track (in chromatic mode for example)

Sorry I’m not the best with the wording as I’m figuring out the proper terminology for all this as I go along. I’m not trying to just trigger an audio or midi track, I’m trying to play them chromatically live if that makes any sense…

Welcome.

In test mode, after your run it with trig 1, what happen when you press FUNCTION and TRIG 10?

1 Like

Still not clear for me. :thinking:

In the DT mode you’re talking about, it seems you trigger tracks 1-8 and 9-16, hence default samples and default midi note, is it?
I doubt you can play audio tracks and midi tracks chromatically at the same time with DT.

• With OT, in midi mode you can trigger all audio and midi tracks set to Plays Free. Grid recording off. That way the 16 tracks can be triggered in the same (midi) mode.

• You can play a sequenced midi track, play chromatically over it with an audio track, with chromatic mode.

• You can play a sequenced audio track, play chromatically over it with an midi track, with chromatic mode.

• You can play an audio track chromatically and send corresponding midi notes at the same time.