Noob questions

No arguments here… :smile:
:3lektron::elot: :monkey::loud_sound::notes::sparkles::elot::3lektron:

5 Likes

I’ll second that.

I thought that function was just used to keep track of how many drinks you’ve had at parties… :grin:

3 Likes

Is there a way to disable the +12db gain on recorder buffers? gets a bit annoying having to set it to zero all the time. Or am I missing something? I’d just like the playback to be the same volume as what I monitor

The noobiest of all questions…

How do I make the volume knob control the main output? The day I got my OT I decided to not bother with it and I’d learn how to do that later…Well, it’s later lol.

It’s best to leave the +12db for buffers as OT attenuates the recordings, probably has to do with other settings that affect gain…

These are the settings I use for “unity gain” so that the signal coming out of the OT is the same level as the signal hitting the inputs for the various OT monitoring methods. There’s probably other settings that work, I might get back to exploring that once I have my computer again. For these I used Logic’s meters on a signal coming direct from a Little Phatty, and then through the OT so that it hit the same level…

2 Likes

Using headphones output as main output.

3 Likes

Press [FUNC] and turn the LEVEL knob.

By the way, there’s a handy list of key combinations in the manual.

7 Likes

^ there’s a manual?! :astonished:
:rofl:

So today i discovered that i don’t know how to SOLO a track, audio or midi. It’s easy to mute, but is there a way to SOLO a track ?

In mixer mode, cue + track trig will solo a track

5 Likes

How do I clear a track back to a blank slate? Sometimes I have FX settings and playback settings and all that but I want to try out another sample on it and start fresh. I’ve tried func+clear but that doesn’t work…

I see I can go through and clear individual pages by holding page + play (clear) but that seems tedious.

I just rock two fingers back and forth real quick, one walking the page buttons. Takes about one second once your used to it, definitely less than 2… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And another one!

Is there a way to record source 3 without a trig?! For instance, I have T7 set to record T6 as my src3, but all I want to record from T6 is the delay feedback. So I press play on the sequencer to get my delay feedback going, then stop to leave the delay trail going. You can press rec AB or rec CD to start recording from those inputs, but it seems to me there’s no way to record src 3 without using a trig? Am I wrong?

Haha thanks. I just started doing this.

1 Like

Track+MIDI :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is my problem that I have “quick record” (or whatever it is) turned on where I usually JUST press rec AB or CD and it starts? Can I still do Track+Midi with that setting turned on?

I don’t know I don’t use quick record… In the manual it says when using quick record to have recorder setup visible and just press midi, I would hope the track+midi method would still work without having to have a track selected and enter record setup…

1 Like

Hmm I thought I tried that but I’ll try it again

EDIT Just tried it and both methods work. Track + MIDI and rec setup open and just MIDI

quick record is amazing btw

2 Likes

It seems super useful for some scenarios but I usually have a lot of recorders and don’t want to have the track selected to use one, also I don’t really want to be able to accidentally press one and have it overwite a sample. Same for yes and double stop to arm one shots, I disable those to not accidentally arm one shots and prefer function+yes…

I’ve over time gone from pickups and one shot recorders to manual sampling and now my latest stuff I’m using solid record trigs and not pressing anything… At some point I’ll probably combine all four methods… :slight_smile:

2 Likes