No Undo!

Yup

no ??

If only life had one level of undo

1 Like

@Open_Mike called it - when I hit save project, the previous pattern was still in its totally tweaked stateā€¦ I forgot to go back and reset that first!

ah yes i end up doing this a fair bit too

1 Like

haha, nice!

I want to make a joke about CTRL ALL, something or other about that being the only thing I learned from the lesson portrayed in your picture, but I canā€™t figure out how to word it, and now itā€™s dying andā€¦ oh itā€™s gone, never to be seen by anyone.

1 Like

No undo for clear sequence is a major flaw that the Digitakt has (os1.07), it nearly ended up like that famous smashed Octatrack that was listed on ebay recently :joy:

The argument of saving a pattern does not hold up when in the process of creating a pattern, it is flat out a total workflow killer to have to press function and yes everything single time you add something when composing.

Here is what happened to me today, I laid out track 1, 4 bars of kicks with p-locks, moved to snare track realtime recorded in a 4 bar snare pattern, still in realtime change to track 3 play in a bassline, go to track 4 still in realtime play in some chord pad, balls, bum notes right at end of bar 4, hit func+play for clear track, but oops that has cleared the entire sequence because I was still in realtime record, ok well just repeat the key combo, nope lost the lot.

To clarify, in step rec mode func+play clears the current track only, in realtime record it clears the whole sequence but unlike every other Elektron machine it wonā€™t undo by repeating func+play.

1 Like

untrue

Here is a demo (ignore the crappy pattern) showing that undo does not work after clearing, note I copied the pattern beforehand so that I could paste it back to show it a few times. It is the same for track too, undo does not work most of the time. I noticed that sometimes when copying (func+rec) then pasting (func+stop) it can make the undo work as expected, but not always, most of the time it simply wonā€™t work.

1 Like

My most typical mystake is press Func+Clear when I want to erase a recently recorded sequenceā€¦ so I erase all the patern (All sequences), but if you press again Func+Clear its an UNDO :laughing:

2 Likes

Letā€˜s find a way to implement and we will rule the universe : )

I mean those samplers have tons of features and are still widely used for that reason. Heck, the MPC One is competitively priced and if you really need undo, seriously consider getting one.

Ahhaha, nope. I use to hit Func+No accidentally once in a while and usually it erases everything (reverts to the state where I havenā€™t yet saved anything with Func+Yes). Thereā€™s no undo there if to hit Func+No twice, so itā€™s a nice shortcut to make your sequence gone forever.

1 Like

Canā€™t believe I just discovered this thread for the wrong reasons!! I was trying to clear an LFOā€¦ so I have to press LFO first then!!?

You press LFO, hold the LFO button, and then press Clear.

2 Likes

Thanks! I figured that out after wiping something Iā€™d been working on for an hour and realising thereā€™s no UNDO function. :partying_face:
Sounds like Iā€™m annoyed, but overall Iā€™m 2 days into delving into the Digitakt and really really like it!

How about when you press func no to restore a pattern, only to discover the last time you pressed
Func yes was before you did a load of cool
shit.

Lost my work 3 times today. I can only blame myself though.

2 Likes

Perhaps better than always saving is always recording. At least then you have something to show for it.

1 Like

Hey everyone, not sure if this helps, but Iā€™ve recently just gotten in the habit of working in only one single pattern and then every couple minutes making a copy of that pattern elsewhere in the bank just so I have it there. Kind of annoying but it beats losing everything, I see it like reaching a continuation point in a video game (ā€œsave game?ā€).

Glad Iā€™m not the only person whoā€™s had this problem, btw. ( Is this why Cenk left?!?!) Maybe one day Elektron will fix this in a firmware update? :slight_smile: