Torso Electronics S-4 (sculpting sampler)

There is a little video on their instagram. The audio seems to be granular stuff with a stop tape effect at the end. “Capture The Moment” appears in the video.
So maybe a real time granulizer/tape effect, something like the Bastl Thyme ?

2 Likes

“capture the moment”

sampler?

1 Like

Yeah it’s not the most intuitive thing at first, and you have to want to learn it, but once that lightbulb goes off, it pays amazing dividends. I’ve never been so fascinated with a sequencer. Give it another go!

1 Like

Wow. A T-1 with sampling capability would be amazing.

1 Like

Page was live on their website but quickly got pulled:

"The S-4 is a sculpting sampler designed to capture and transform sounds. Merging tape-era workflows with cutting-edge technology, the S-4 redefines sound mangling by providing a futuristic platform for crafting unique soundscapes and compositions, using samples and real-time audio processing.
It features USB connectivity for seamless connection to class-compliant devices and effortless file transfers to and from your laptop. Moreover, it can function as an audio interface when you require a simplified setup. You can also expand the number of inputs and outputs by connecting a class-compliant external USB interface.”

Hyped for this now…

34 Likes

amazing find!

I am very hyped for this now!!

kinda glad it’s not a granular-specific thing, sorry not sorry :smiley:

Sampler + Tape-era workflow + Samples/Realtime audio
is this an OP-1 challenger?

6 Likes

Well so much for speculating :rofl:

2 Likes

21 Likes

Yeah it leaked earlier, with specs and all. I won’t play this game but it looks damn cool !

2 Likes

Looks like PE Tracker proto :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

dude :blush:

Looks like a beast for ambient and more leftfield type Electronica

Seems like a tape audio looper rather than traditional sequencer?

1 Like

Yikes! I can’t afford to want this, but I do.

1 Like

Too bad it got leaked - I know these guys. Unless it’s on purpose of course.
It looks awesome! Definitely getting this.

5 Likes

Please all mighty god let it be stereo samples. Looks interesting

4 Likes

My question is; is there a strong enough reason to want this if I already have an Octatrack?

I would just really like to see more strong OT competitors tbh :stuck_out_tongue:

I think a bigger hi-res screen like that is a nice thing to have, presumably it could be set to show what’s happening on multiple tracks at once as well as just display much more information about the state of the machines. That’s something I think the OT could do with and why I hope Elektron move to a next-generation of displays for their future boxes.

Feels like there’s a bunch of wasted space on the panel there, but maybe it’s because it’s quite thin or something.

And yeah if this isn’t properly stereo then just wtf man, wtf. But surely it will be…

1 Like

Oh

no

And I was feeling so pleased with myself for not wanting new gear right now.

16 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Please do not share something that’s been hidden for a purpose.

3 Likes

I’m definitely curious. Even though T-1 wasn’t my jam, it’s clear this team clearly puts a lot of love into their stuff and the quality is very high.

1 Like