New TOOL Album Gets Release Date

New album’s sick

2 Likes

I have listened through 3 full times plus some extra, and I am blown away. There were so many ways it could have gone, and it is as good as I could have imagined.

1 Like

Probably listened to the whole album 4 times today. Trying to hold on 7empest because it’s the most rocking. But it’s freaking good.

I better listing to Culling Voices again.

I feel bad for any other band out there with a guitar, singer and drummer following this album…

The whole thing is great for me, aside from a few minor gripes. Surprised the du du Kitsch snare sample gets as much of a rinse as it does. Culling voices is the weak point for me - tired motif - the usual Hooker / Ticks / Pot finger pointing thing. Not sure why this always gets a rise? Its a b side imo.

Otherwise the rest are labyrinthine epic magmas. So great. First listen was with the loudest headphones I could find, pretty much the only time i’ll allow for self induced tinnitus

Got some of the riffs swimming around in my head cant wait for another solid session

Tempest is phenomenal. Honestly, its always too easy to single out how phenomenal Danny Carey is, but to me this one is Adams album. Next level for him

1 Like

I cannot believe this exists

Like getting video documentation of the parting seas.

7 Likes

I’ve watched this video 5 or 6 times. It might be time to watch it again, just in case. :smiley:

1 Like

Saw them on this tour in New Orleans and Portland. Unfortunately, Portland was their last show. I had tickets to Tacoma and Vancouver BC

[sad face with a tear cause I’m bummed]

The new album is an unreal classic

Definitely. “He couldn’t have done that. I can’t be remembering this right. I have to be sure.” /click

anyone understands what is going on with the vinyl version?
couldn’t find it but now I see this
https://www.discogs.com/search/?q=fear+innoculum&type=all&format_exact=Vinyl

seems like it is ‘illegally’ pressed