New Teenage Engineering products

Yeah, OB-4 is actually a really dope Bluetooth speaker. I know people are like “it’s just a Bluetooth speaker” but it’s comparable to other speakers in its price range. Do you need a $600 Bluetooth speaker? No. But I was already in the market for one and I figured I could just pay the premium and check it out and I love it. And the gimmicks it has are fun (though I don’t use them much anymore).

3 Likes

The TX-6 is perfect for what I’m aiming for. It replaces the need to get a few different machines that basically added up to around $1096. It’s nice to have all them in one, even if I never user the synth or drums.

I think what’s also exciting is this that I’ve seen posted around on various shop listings: “Field system began with the idea to create a series of products that look, feel and function as part of a whole. Every item in the collection is designed with portability, compatibility and durability in mind. More than an engineering challenge, field system is driven by a desire to rethink the way we approach music making. TX–6 is the first release in the system, with more devices and accessories to come.”

6 Likes

You’re definitely the guy I was talking to about this on Reddit lol

Just plug 3 normal cables in - :joy:

1 Like

Weird quirks aside, I definitely think this is cool, but agree with the comment above that if you don’t want all of the features just grab a TC Blender for cheaper.

The thing that drives me nuts though with this and the Blender (and a heap of other things) is why the audio interface is always 12 in 2 out. Especially the blender with its 4 separate headphone outs!!! Just give me a couple more usb outs for daw sends!

The OP-Z has turned me off TE. Mine is a bent brick so I have a big grudge.

7 Likes

I’ve come to believe the entire company is one big elaborate troll.

10 Likes

A bent brick is even pretty useless as a brick

3 Likes

What is this? A mixer for ants?

15 Likes

Indeed lol

My OP-Z is still mostly straight, but sadly, I heard the bend makes it sound more analog.

1 Like

I’m so sorry, but I want you to suffer as I have so you will feel my pain! Won’t you please hate the OP-Z with me?

1 Like

Why am I still going to buy this mixer I don’t need! :sob:

1 Like

Sorry I don’t get the cable criticism. Blue box suffers from this exact issue and people were just fine with purchasing new cables…

2 Likes

unless you’re using exclusively tiny instruments with minijack outputs, you end up with a hideous, clumsy mess of dongles and adapters that will outweigh the mixer itself. it’s a kind of false economy of space. Like Apple - an elegant device that outsources the clutter without actually reducing it.
but hey, I’m a grouch who has vowed never to buy anything with minijack outputs again.

2 Likes

At least 1010 weren’t so brazen as to advertise it as a feature :laughing:

4 Likes

Good for you!

This video is funny. Self-irony maybe?

1 Like

Roland Go Mixer Pro and Go Mixer Pro x - 11 channel interface & mixer for 160 bucks, and not all that bigger

I know it could sound ‘like’ a tiny Lyra 8 with PO style ‘Punch’ FX on top of smartphone sized mixer.

But most of my gear isnt Pocket Operators…

So I will happily keep my Tascam Model 12 that I got for half the price, even though the TX footprint is appealing for space constrained setups.