New Teenage Engineering products coming to NAMM2017?

that’s a pretty nice tip. :wink: good on ya.

It would be pretty awesome if the kits and patterns could be transferred via the mic. You could then record the data transmission sounds on your phone and play them back whenever, effectively carrying them on your phone.

2 Likes

This is how you reprogram the AIra modular effects units.

1 Like

Aye, as with the volca sample, just without the extra hassle of a cable.

…first time without a cheap Monday stamp!
let’s see how the other two POs work.

2 Likes

LMFAO

According to this

the limited edition comes out tomorrow.

1 Like

So if I just want to make beats on the PO-32 I don’t need the Microtonic app right?

Looking like it comes with 16 drum sounds on it’s own, but you’ll need the software to swap/edit the samples

From the Microtonic page:

The sound of Microtonic is 100% synthetic and rendered in real-time. No samples or pre-rendered waveforms are used.

The fact that no samples are used actually makes Microtonic more interesting to me.

2 Likes

You should be ashamed of yourself posting a link to a Dan Worral demo without warning users beforehand.:scream:

He’s been my main GAS-pusher over the past 12 months.

1 Like

This PO will be awesome. A lot of peeps always praise the microtonic, and I read many times that cats would totally jump on a hardware version. Incredible. And the hardware is cheaper than the plugin!

1 Like

Yeah I might jump on that limited time offer to get the combo. Years ago I had a cracked version of Micotonic, dope software.

I don’t think they are samples. Maybe there will be a site where people can share their settings without the use of the plugin.

The plugin uses no samples but it´s still unclear whether the PO is synthesising the sounds or playing back samples created from that encoded audio info. Would be quite surprised if they managed to squeeze the microtonic sound engine on one of these things, but I´m no engineer!

Then again if it were just sample based then why not just make it a PO sampler? Maybe it does synthesise…

1 Like

Given the very short burst of audio data I’d guess it is sending parameter settings only and perhaps a wavetable.

3 Likes

The gizmodo article mentions that it is a hardware version of his plugin, so reckon it’s a synthesis engine. When he plays back the sound in the video, it sounds exactly the same.

2 Likes

This is exactly the type of stuff I’ve been gravitating towards. Recently quite a few of my gear purchases have revolved around korg products that I can use both in software and hardware (Korg M1/ Arp Odyssey / Wavestation). Having access to the same instruments ITB as well as OTB is awesome, especially when you can create sounds on one and transfer them to the other. Kinda like handoff for synths :heart_eyes:

I should get the bundle deal, but can only afford the hardware ATM. damn. With this hw price, having multiple instances of microtonic is very possible with the hw as well!

CDM says it’s a true hardware synth.

Given that there are small-format PCBs like Axolotl out there, I don’t see why not.

3 Likes

Never really liked the previous PO serie, but this is really really cool! Microtonic is an amazing drum synth… Does anyone know if you can sync a PO using the CV output of the A4… ? If so I need one :slight_smile: