New Teenage Engineering products coming to NAMM2017?

Hmmm. To confirm, you think the next PO might be a Synplant compatible one? Synplant & Microtonic PO’s would make for a nice little portable combo.

Don’t have an A4, but pretty sure you can do this

I also think it will work, but couldn’t find any info regarding syncing one. This could be a very nice small CV companion for the A4 :slight_smile:

You can just send a nice sharp pulse from the A4 cv to clock the PO no problems, you just have to sculpt the right shape to get the clock to move and you can get all wonky with it!
I had the A4 for a short time, didn’t like it but clocked my modular for a laugh.

1 Like

I could dream of a hardware permut8.

1 Like

This is the first PO I’m truly interested in. I never owned Microtonic, but tried the demo lots years ago. It’s way cool, and way cool to see a hardware version. I might just go for the bundle.

Quick question though: how easy is it to sync an OT to these POs?

1 Like

I imagine it would work using a pulse via cue outputs but you’d have to burn a track.

Ah, i see. Thanks for that. That’s a tough one since I sometimes like to use the cue outs for a stereo fx loop. I’m still interested in the tonic; maybe I could grab loops of it with a PM on the OT.

Kits and patterns can be transferred. That’s it, I’m buying one. There’s a screenshot of the software here

2 Likes

Sorry boss no confirmation was just giving their other awsome software a shout. Folks can dream :slight_smile:

Limited to four channels … but still awesome.

1 Like

I really hope you can do at least some tweaking onboard the unit. It looks like you can from the videos. This is just too cool to be true. If this thing had even basic MIDI input it would blow all kinds of more expensive gear out of the water.

2 Likes

Nice! Does this mean we’ll be seeing user created soundpack sharing with audiofiles?

Data transfer is very cool!

OP-Z OP-Z.

6 Likes

Shame its plastic casing/dull colour scheme but, yep, it’s one cool wee machine! Price? ? Guessin’ £349

Looks fun for sure. Dunno how much I could deal working on 16 tracks without a screen tho. Which makes me think Id be using ipad/tablet/phone nearly always and they could have done an alt version where hardware is just a controller and the software is an app. Then I could do it all on my ipad or use the controller when I wanted the physical buttons. Kind of the same idea but flipped… But I’m prob not seeing the big picture (connectivity, workflow etc) and guessing using without a screen is actually less of a nightmare than I’m imagining…

“this time the machine is so small we guarantee it will upset you”

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah visually the design reminds me of an 80s TV/vcr remote. Not great. But I guess better than Roland aira future alien vibe :wink:

1 Like

this thing kicks ASS with its capabilities. with the photo and video features it was the best choice to use the iPhone for that screen job.

different length and speed for every track…and RGB leds on every step + modulation that has never been here.

1 Like