New Teenage Engineering products coming to NAMM2017?

ive bought all of the others instantly but based on the amount i actually use them , i’ll hold off on these for a while.
i like how theyre developing though , more fx / unique functions on the more recent ones.

I’m surprised at the interest in the video features of the op-z
its likely to just be spitting out midi controller data to a unity 3d player but as a gimmick to get interest i guess it’s worked , just like the VR deepmind12 thing.

I’ve put a little away since day one to get the OPZ, it will be mega…

What info has there been concerning the OP-Z?

I’ve just seen a sequencer with some video features… The sounds have pretty much been left a mystery for now. Or am I missing something? Honest question, I’m intrigued by this :slight_smile:

3 Likes

oooOOOooooo

1 Like

That seems interesting… Im in the market for a super cheap drum machine too…

Can you sample with the mic?

This confuses me, like it’s for some kind of volca sample data transfer thing, not recording audio?

‘a built-in microphone allowing direct transfer of sounds and pattern data between units’

Edit - watched the video. Guess that’s pretty cool way to transfer parameter data without cables. Seems pretty meh/gimmick kind of feature tbh tho if it’s just sending parameters? Or can you send user samples like this?

1 Like

$139 for a PO that requires software for full functionality :facepalm:

1 Like

$139 is for the au/vst bundle with PO-32, considering that the plugin is $99 ex vat, this is a pretty good deal as it is one of my favourite plugins.

$89 dollars for just the unit, not such a good deal for those who own microtonic, but I’m still interested.

me wishing I had this

Don’t see anything about sampling in the feature list, I’m guessing it’s a convenient way of transferring sounds without the use of a cable.

I can’t envision all the parameters being editable on the PO-32 so I think if you want to customise sounds fully you’d have to do it in the plugin.

2 Likes

Ah OK, that makes more sense if can’t access all parameters on the PO. Never used that software, will check it out…

I am hoping this too, as an owner of microtonic this is absolutly brillaint news, Magnus and his brother are ledgends.

2 Likes

Check out

if you want a brief look at the sounds the plugin generates.

Thinking of getting the limited edition bundle even though I already own the plugin.

If it were possible to also transfer patterns, wouldn’t it be cool if it were able to use the unit with the above site.

1 Like

I own and loooove Microtonic for years now. This looks very nice. I like both companies and want them to succeed, but… $89 just for the PO? Wow. Seems a bit steep, no?

I really wish Magnus would have done a Microtonic version for iPad with existing interface, and a smaller, new interface, for iPhone/iPod. I think that would have been absolutely perfect, and much more affordable for users (if they already had an ipad/phone/pod, of course). Oh well, this PO will probably kill off that dream for good.

3 Likes

If you already own the plugin why would you get the bundle? I don’t understand.

The universe grows on with synplant :wink:

1 Like

support the developer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Effectively $40 dollars for the licence. Maybe sell it on or put it on another computer. Maybe the limited edition looks nicer from a superficial viewpoint.

1 Like

I hope this happens, they are clever chaps they must be working on somthing for that format imho.

1 Like