[Sound Pack Analog Four MKII ] (MKI and Keys compatible)

Hey, no problem, you can also ask here :slight_smile: At the end of the order process on sellfy. There you can enter the coupon code. But as the weekend is over and so the coupon code promotion. I have activated the coupon code again. Try again here: https://sellfy.com/floppydiskpirates/p/all-in-one-bundle-616-new-analog-four-keys-patches-included-buy-the-entire-bundle-and-save-30/ and apply coupon code: ONLYONELEKTRONAUTS40

Thank you and purchased! :slight_smile: Now I can’t wait until vacation is over and I’m back home to play with the A4 :wink:

I guess that’s part of the meaning of vacation… To learn to appreciate your synths even more :smiley:

2 Likes

:smiley: After a couple of days without my synth’s it already itches me and I have to put my hands back on it again! But that’s right, a little distance should let love grow :wink: Thanks for your support @alxs

2 Likes

Oh that’s what you mean. Yes, I have that too on my AK No black spot but a nice rainbow effect across the screen. Looks like an oil stain in a puddle on the street :wink:

The backup tip works really well, both on the A4 and on Digitone. But does the A4 have a “full backup” function? I mean, I had created a backup this way before. C6 always worked well and I’m rather skeptical about new things. That’s why I just keep using the prg. Maybe I will deal with the transfer tool in the future.

2 Likes

Would be cool to hear some new tunes, really looking forward! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I never exchanged something else than sounds honestly, long time ago. I remember people asking and the answer was that each project has to be saved seperately. (That would be nice already if it works) Dont know if that has changed with transfer or ob, i used transfer only once for a os upgrade ( on hp laptop, on mbp never…)
Thanks for encoder mangling and customer care

Edit: oh my head hurts
First, thanks a lot. while trying out transfer got to load your sounds with sysex receive to + drive, ( without that a sound went to the sound pool…?) Nice

But i saw the same as elektronaut yentz here, no explore page for a4 mk1…

Before I saw that c6 isnt even offered anymore on the elektron support page for a4 mk1 neither mac (logical, because of catalina ) nor windows…
Also before i saw this nice step by step guide for c6 ( project AND + drive sounds needs to be saved/ backed up seperately!)

I think i have c6 here somewhere on my hp
BUT it is not offered anymore by elektron,
theoretically my mbp with catalina in my other place is my music computer,

I dont want to steal your time too much, just interested what procedure elektron sujests
for backing up a4 projects and sounds as

• I dont even have/see the explore page :face_with_monocle:
  • In the transfer manual the procedure is not described
  • I cant find a nice knowledge base step by step guide… ( if explore page would appear somehow someday :nerd_face:)

Sorry and thanks, maybe to put to another thread

1 Like

I’ve always been afraid of backing up the analog four. With digione it’s better solved. With the analog four, it is a bit chaotic (for me) when it comes to backing up the data.

For example, I still get confused when I jump from one pattern to the next empty one to create a new one. When I save the new pattern, do I automatically overwrite the previous one? With the digitone, the next empty pattern is empty and if I create and save something new there, I don’t need to be afraid. One reason for me when making music is to use the digitone rather than the analog four. Actually it’s a shame but I don’t get confused and I know what I’m doing. Well ok, I could just have a look at a tutorial and get used to the more complex way, but maybe I’m too lazy :wink: If I found a good one, I’ll let you know and post it here.

So, I recently backed up all my sound packs and projects from digitone using c6 manager. I am not going to use the transfer tool yet. Who needs it can download the last version here: Download C6 (WIN) Download C6 (OSX)

1 Like

Thanks, nice words from a professional…

Im surprised not more people here and in mental hospitals suffer from accidental pattern autosaveophobia

I thought ( read here) dn also has p autosave, a bit less complicated. That made me buy a mbp, thought i buy ableton with push, to calm my mind with save as. dont have push yet, somehow got bitwig… not using it that much.
Sad, its nowhere as fun to jam as a4. if only the pattern (plock) change autosave fear wouldnt exist.
Im so sorry i will not mention it again in near future…
I even use an „ While sequencer is running, save new (changed) pattern and kit as“ method sometimes on a4, but its bad for mental health…

I also enjoy using sunvox tracker on iphone (free for pc) i dont understand much, but it has a nice save pattern and save pattern as function, while i also tried audulus, it autosaves to icloud, aargh.
also im afraid to turn off icloud, somehow it has been activated, and my bitwig jams are somewhere hidden on the hard disk by apple and only appear in the little fluffy clouds…

Besides that im just curious about the official a4 backup procedure suggested by elektron in 2020

2 Likes

But I’m pretty new to electron gear, could take some time… :smiley:

1 Like

Gives me not a good feeling that pro’s like you and floppy still have problems with functionality after long time using this synth! I noticed that switching live between patterns cause wired pitching sounds, only first note but with delay it sounds like extra unwanted effect… Not dealing with backup yet but when i think of how long the a4 exist and still very buggy, makes me doubt. :frowning:

Right!

1 Like

this is intended functionality, the patterns and kits are independent of each other. if you do not want/use this, you can link a kit to each pattern in a project, as there are 128 of both if these. there are empty project templates for this. (search for: tabula rasa) this makes a4 behave like digi series…

if you have the same kit linked to multiple patterns it can be very handy, just a different approach… there are many topics about kit/pattern settings of the analog series on this forum :wink:

i do not agree, for me the a4 is among the most stable things i have ever used. some of the confusion above with kits for example is clearly user error :wink:

i agree, that the backup process is scattered and complicated. but there are also useful topics on elektronsuts already.

3 Likes

A4 is very stable and without bugs ( besides the screen fading to grey, which i really dont care too much)

I love it, most fun is to play with plocks. Plocks ( and trigs of course) are stored with pattern and when i (accidently or while having fun jamming) change the pattern or turn off machine without reloading, the old pattern gets autosaved to the mangled state.

That makes it feel fragile and me insecure, takes away a lot of fun (for me) and kept me from buying mk2, rytm (and dn, as i read it has similar autosave, but i still think about it as its more avoidable and simple).
I was referring to floppy pirate as professional, not me… im just surprised not more people are bothered by this, so its nice a sound design aficionado also sees it as a disatvantage.

I still dont know if its a tecnical thing that i can toggle in
Sequencer config :
Kit reload on change

But the same thing is NOT available for pattern ( pattern reload on change)

Or for autosave in general, so i could decide to save nothing, save or save as. Like in a daw, my old er-1, tanzbär, libre office…, bass station 2
So that everyone ( every jamming and saving prefeference) would be happy and me less insecure.
Sorry i mentioned it again, dear elektronauts, just to avoid misunderstandings

1 Like

Elektron, please.

1 Like

Makes sense. Thanks for the tip, I’m going to look for it! :relieved:

1 Like

Yeah but it’s not that we have too much problems with our gear while making music, it’s more like we can get confused by the wide spectrum of functionality. And this can cause headache :confounded:
It can be difficult to learn an instrument and elektron gives us so much that it can grow over our heads.

1 Like

mbp? What’s this? Something for Ableton? :grimacing:

Autosave is a good thing if you have a project saved that you can go back to. What makes me crazy is when you mangle your pattern in an unsaved project and the machine freezes! Turn off and on and here you go. Autosaved. No chance to get back to your original state :frowning:

1 Like

Hm,
Save and copy the whole project, just because i have the feeling in my stomach that i may change a hihat and cutoff frequency in one pattern, and may like both versions, then save the new project, then i can have fun but not that much fun that i can jump between patterns and doing what the box is famous for(plock) whitout thinking of first making more copies of patterns and projects…
Mine never freezes, im just afraid to have fun with it without thinking about copies and reloads. ( and would like to do save as if i liked the mangling, and nothing if i didnt like it.)

I realize im a minority, i wouldnt care if i wouldnt love most of the rest and also this forum.

The words on my grave:
If its not tecnically impossible please elektron make it possible to switch off autosave.

Mbp ha ha yes some say so, its macbook pro, more something for logic, with the great (not) touchbar. Also for ableton i saw a video from one guy who said he mapped all midi to the the touchbar with miditouchbar. doesnt need other controller, but thats just the one guy…

I got the 2018 with the stupid keyboard.
( after reading complaints about hp and lenovo)
Whispering with crazy voice: the macbook autosaves everything :face_with_thermometer:because( maybe accidently ) saving documents to icloud is turned on…
I bookmarked some sites how to disable it and get back the documents from the cloud, its not that easy, one day…
But it is possible…

I got a old hp laptop for free, recently put in ram and ssd, i like most things more. the matte screen, no t2 chip…
And turning off and on is simple and normal.
With the macbook to turn it off i put a ( ordered in usa, because the laptop is so thin) microfiber very gently on the keyboard because if i press a key it is autoturning on…
:face_with_monocle::face_with_thermometer::-1::woman_health_worker::cry::cry:

1 Like

Mine, both A4 and DN only freezes when Overbridge runs…

1 Like

Ah ok… :smile: And I was about to look for the shortcut “Mbp” and maybe find a synth or sampler that I didn’t know yet :joy:

1 Like