New SIM80 electro album - Inner Construct

Hello fellow elektronauts. Happy Halloween. I just released a new album of the electro type and thought I’d share. You can check it out at Bandcamp. I used a wide variety of devices on this album. There’s some Elektron in there, mainly the Digitone, a bit of Model Samples/Cycles and even some Dreadbox Typhon. Thanks for checking it out!

23 Likes

Bought this when it dropped. I think it’s your best work yet!

Thanks Adam! Appreciate the mini review as well. This one took a while to finish up but finally got it done.

1 Like

Yep, insta-buy for me too, I really enjoyed the last release. Looking forward to giving this a proper listen later.

2 Likes

Just starting to listen. Very quality Electro! Nice work on this.

1 Like

Very nice! With that 80’s touch, Bravo!

1 Like

Banging.

1 Like

Top shelf release here, @SIM80. Really enjoying it so far.

1 Like

This is great, and superbly produced.

3 Likes

Fuck that’s good man. Insterbuy. Monochrome Eyes nearly brought a tear to mine

2 Likes

Thanks so much all. Means a lot. Monochrome Eyes was a fun track. Lots of 707 and a bit faster than I usually run. Happy that you enjoyed it so much.

2 Likes

The drum mixing on this is really very good.

2 Likes

I agree. It sounds classic but not like it’s trying too hard. Fits right in with Drexciya or Cybotron without ripping off the esthetic and without kitsch. It was a great follow up to the disappointing new Autechre that I had just finished listening to.

4 Likes

Oh, this is so inspiring to me right now! <3 Thanks!

2 Likes

just bought both records. damn good shit. keep it up! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Great track! Can’t wait to listen to the rest. Loving it.

1 Like

Much appreciated. I spent a lot of time on the drum elements of these tracks. Using the Digitone for a lot of drums and stabby percussive elements. Combining the usual suspects (808, 606) with more unique synth drum flavors is a direction I’ve enjoyed lately. Playing around with really short delay times on snares in different amounts (Valhalla Delay is amazing for this. Really fast and you can modulate the crap out of it). Love the new Drum Buss in Ableton as well as the Max for Live Color Limiter. Also use the fantastic Brainworx Vertigo VSM-3 plugin on a lot of things both for overall subtle saturation and heavier stuff.

2 Likes

In the right hands the Digitone is an incredible percussion synth. You can really hear the time and effort you’ve put in.
Thanks for the insight too, it’s always good to hear about others’ workflow.

1 Like

high level stuff, such talent on show, congrats sim 80- very detailed and thoughtful production. Its awesome, its fresh.
(Konputa nailed it with the comments about sim80)

2 Likes

Still great.

6 Likes