New PUSH 3 MPE, Standalone option...out now!

Actually I was thinking that’s where the arrangement screen could go :thinking:

4 Likes

Since the Upgrade Kit seems to be only Processor, Ram, ssd and Battery it theoretically should work with other parts without chaning firmware, or am I wrong?

1 Like

Wait till you see the inevitable array of ‘YouTuber in the Wilderness’ over the next couple of months.

2hrs will give enough time to be able to grab the Push 3 from my studio and take it elsewhere (remote gear somewhere else, sofa, dining table, the garden, etc) with minimum fuss. I imagine I’ll use it how I use my MPC Live 2, but have a much higher likelihood of that time being productive/constructive with the Push 3.

2 Likes

It seems a bit limited on the song writing side. I’m hearing early reviews saying that anything along those lines, you need to switch to the computer.

Not sure what this means in practice, though. This is all very overwhelming still for a non-Ableton user.

Like many things, it’ll boil down to preference/workflow but having no direct arranger access has never been a problem with me + Push. I tend to build songs in blocks via scenes which are all accessible and launchable from the controller. Hit record, play out your scenes to form the rough song structure and then back to the PC screen to tweak arrangements and add “flourishes”. Works well. So even on the standalone it would get me most of the way there. But… clearly wont be the case for everyone and that’s ok.

1 Like

It’s not what everyone was asking for, as in nothing can be what everyone is asking for. But this must be the closest thing to that idea, right?

As long as we’re talking capabilities and possibilities, I’m not sure what this can’t do? Arrangement seems to be the only thing, and that will surely come in time.

If we’re talking form factor, hardware wise, that is not really a productive discussion. Obviously one thing can not be every instrument from SOMA for example. It is just the nature of hardware.

4 Likes

As far as I remember this was possible with push 2 already

2 Likes

Agreed it’s a bold and welcome move, and yeah I tbh I was using 90% 3rd party vst so the integration apart from note input was a bit of a moot point for me hence the sale, the maschine script does pretty much everything I need, I always ended up using the mouse and keyboard mostly anyhow with barely a glance at the push screens in the entire time I owned it… I dont expect that paradigm to change for me even with the event of the new push, workflow wise it looks largely unchanged… I’m sure it’ll delight some folks though and more power to them :blush:

If the whole surface is MPE, it is actually way better than 2 crossfaders, no?

1 Like

true, you could however record the stereo outs for some hot 2 track performance action

and @Alume sounds like it’ll do what I need to get songs done then. That’s how I use the blackbox anyway, I don’t believe much in all these complex linear overarching automation and specific variations method. Mainly because I’m too lazy to adhere to them :smirk:

2 Likes

The touch strip is mappable to whatever you want.

2 Likes

Nobody mentioning m4l devices in standalone. This thing can be basically everything you want.

6 Likes

I’m an absolute noob regarding ADAT thingies, what is the cheapest…emmm…device…what should I look for ADAT interface, expander?

1 Like

ada8200

2 Likes

Plus hooking them into MPE control now too.

3 Likes

I’m already listing everything for sale and pulling myself out of the cirklon waitlist.

3 Likes

Hoping that’s the case, guess we’ll need to wait until regular users rather than synthfluencers get their hands on them to see what the options are. (And it’s very good that Ableton have made that upgrade path an option.)

1 Like

I noticed Native Instruments coincidentally??? just updated their logo on social media.

Wonder if they are planning something imminent or this is their response to freshen their image lol

Also it is very powerful stereo sampler, so it makes it easier to move around your studio without unplugging a wall wart every time you want to sample from something…

Plus you wont loose everything in a reboot if there is a power failure or some idiot unplugs you live.

A few hours with it in the garden or on couch is a great bonus, but this is a serious studio tool rather than something to play with on a bus or flight (M8 or OP-1 still seems better suited for that)

5 Likes