New Modor drum machine - DR2

More models will be added with future firmware upgrades. Feel free to send us your ideas and requests!

Get those FM and physical modeling requests in. :thup:

1 Like

Sounds cool. But to be honest, Kink could make anything sound great.

3 Likes

I think people looking for crazy digital drums would be much better served with a Sonic Potions LXR or a second hand MachineDrum.

7 Likes

In this order:

I hope to never to see KiNK dance again.
I hope to never hear another demo of that machine again.

13 Likes

I will get a rack and stack the Modor on top of Modor.
I think this will be a nice add-on to Tempest and Alpha Base.

1 Like

5 videos of KiNK with lots of dancing :grinning:

Those demos make me want to dieā€¦ and not in a good way.

3 Likes

Iā€™d love someone to make a video hack of one of these.

But at least they added a D-Beam. Clear to see KiNK making very good use of it.

Have to admit though, Iā€™m not hating the sound of it this morning. Not blown away but could imagine some uses for it. But not Ā£1800 worth of use.

Perhaps they could make a cheaper cut down versionā€¦ without the D-Beam.

No more. I promise.

1 Like

I actually like the overall package and the sound, but for the price, itā€™s not a good deal. Iā€™d have to see some in depth demonstration of extensively more capability than is currenty understood before Iā€™d want to hand over my money for it.

2 Likes

I like it myself, but their nf-1 retails for approx Ā£1199. This looks a similar package, less knobs more buttons but Ā£1849 ?

1 Like

The price tag = urine extraction.

5 Likes

Iā€™m sure the price will drop as soon as Modor read all the comments on the various forums Iā€™ve seen, otherwise theyā€™re gonna have very few buyers. It canā€™t have cost that much more to develop, unless Covid related supply issues have caused the pricing to go upā€¦good luck to them anyway :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Donā€™t wanna be a hater but I heard better Volca Drum demos. Iā€™m sure there will be better demos in the future but man, that price. Should have been something buchlaish to justify that.

2 Likes

I do feel a bit sorry for a small boutique company like theirs getting hated on after what surely has been a great effort to put this out. But then I don t get how they hammer on the point of it being pure DSP synthesis but not delivering any outstandingly weird/innovative digital sounds. It sounds mostly like analog modeling to me. If digital synthesis is your key point then you should deliver on that.

6 Likes

Maybe they should hire @Ess to write some algoā€™s for them :wink:

In this era which includes machines like Rytm and Pulsar 23, I donā€™t know, yā€™all.

2 Likes

But the Volca Drum is quite something, I would say.

1 Like

I could maybe (not having listened to the demos yet) see spending ā‚¬800 on this, instead of that or a bit more on a Nord Drum 2, although itā€™s also pretty massive. More than that, though, is a tough order.

Interesting that you have such opinions without having heard the thing.

1 Like