New Modor drum machine - DR2

Love the sounds on the kink demo, sounds great to me, very digital but that’s the kind of sound I like, inserts for the outputs too so can incorporate your own effects if you want, bit pricey but something different

I like its sound. Seems interesting. I’m not sure the sequencer is versatile nor powerful.
I would like an expander like it more than a drum machine.

1 Like

Just listened to the soundcloud demos. Maybe not my style but I really miss some experimental things to make it interesting.

Wishing for some kind of Rytm with a Nord drum 2 sound engine. That would be something I would buy without thinking.

6 Likes

Without a huge wad of money

17 Likes

oh yeah for me it’s the perfect actual combo. (best bang for the bucks)

Two pictures, one with wood sides, one without, hate the wood

1 Like

Again my Nord Modular G2 cured the GAS for a new digital “something” :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I got an M:C for that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

£1849 at Juno, bigger ouch !!!

I really think a fair price for this might be around $600-800 dollars depending on build quality. I know that’s pretty harsh, but most people here seem to agree that the price is ridiculous. It’s basically a Volca Drum Deluxe. I can’t imagine many reasons it should be priced higher than a Digitakt.

3 Likes

Yeah, not sure why someone wouldn’t grab a Pulsar 23 instead if they had that kind of coin for a drum machine.

3 Likes

I dont know man - after 1k there has got to be something special. Too many cheap alternatives. I’m with the other poster, this might be for someone who shits gold coins. I shit - just not in an acceptable currency.

4 Likes

is there still support for that? i recall it being an older unit that was around in my teenage years (im 40). I always wanted one but feared it was unsupported at this point.

Hmm… pricey and the UI doesn’t seem immediate to me, but obviously that’s just a quick glance.
What I already don’t like is the smallish-screen in the top right. I’m an Elektron user so I’m used to small screens but for the bigger boxes Elektron usually puts the screen towards the center, which makes it much more useable to me.

I actually do like the sound, but to be honest, I’ve never ever met a synth I didn’t like sound-wise, especially a drum synth.

Going to be interesting to see which YouTube synthfluencer is going to call this one out, if any of them. Nothing against the machine itself or the company (the NF-1 is cool) but Modor look out of their depth at this price point.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree about that.
I love a good drum machine. Yet to see a good demo of this one.
Edit : ah ok didn’t realise kink had done more than one demo. Does sound good.

1 Like

No, unfortunately it has been discontinued for a while now.
Its one synth i know i will never sell and i will alway keep a compatible computer for it to work :slight_smile:

1 Like

The G2 has that effect. Only way I’d sell my Engine is for a Keyboard version at this point. It’s just so unique, even compared to all the modular environments around today.

I have iOS apps that sound better than that.

5 Likes