New MFB drum machine 301 pro

According to its manual, there is not.

1 Like

Yeah I saw in the manual it wasn’t listed, just wondered if it hadn’t been listed - couldn’t be bothered to cycle through every cc to see if any of them did anything…
Bit weird they didn’t cc it though, considering you can adjust it on the box itself.

1 Like

Hey, just bought one .

Planning to control it with Octatrack .

Can I assign let’s say midi 1-6 channel , then control each instrument by CC’S in octatracks midi sequencer ?

For example :
Midi 1 - kick
midi 2 - sd
3 - clap … and so on …?

In the manual, it mentions http://mfberlin.de/wp-content/uploads/MFB301PRO_MANUAL_ENG.pdf

“The reception of velocity can be enabled by pressing 1 (LED lit) or disabled (LED off). To do so press MIDI and select the condition by pressing button 1.”

Perhaps this allows managing the level?

Ah didn’t even think of trying the velocity d’oh!

Don’t think you can change the midi channels, but sequencing it through the digitakt, I had all 8 channels going to midi channel 1 but the note of each channel assigned to the note of each part, so punching each midi button triggered each part… And the ccs for each part matched to the relevant channel, so even though it’s still just using channel 1 it “feels” like each channel is separate. If that makes sense…?

Any more users out there?

Struggling to choose between this and the Division Department 01/IV

The MFB 301 Pro is not fun to use, but it does sound nice. You REALLY have to know how to Program MIDI and CC.

I made this beat today to post it on Craigslist for $120.00. NOBODY wants it because it looks odd…

Everyone wants knobs and song mode.

:- )

3 Likes

Hi everyone. First post here so go easy! I am looking at this thing and wondering if the kick and perhaps the snare would sound much better if there was an exp envelope added to the pitch of both. This would be very possible on the Octatracks LFO section with a one shot trig. Am I missing something here? If this makes sense I am definitely making the purchase.

Is there anything else like it? A drum module with basically no on-board controls. It has its advantages :slight_smile:

Woah

1 Like

Started a thread on this yesterday :+1:

1 Like

Loving my 301. Here’s a recently finished set where I’m running it through a Strymon Volante. I’m letting the Volca handle kick duties to bypass the delay and for a bit more control.

Here’s a closeup of the custom paint job by @theeesoviet:

3 Likes

It sounds pretty good to me. Might have to try it out. I love the MFB Schlagzwerg cymbals.

1 Like

Still chasing one of these…
Listening to Meridians tonight.

1 Like

oh nice, hope you like!

I didn’t realize they had discontinued, though I’m not entirely surprised.
Looks like the 501 Pro is still in production? At least on the MFB site.

1 Like

I finally got my MFB 301 2 weeks ago, and I really like it.

There’s enough body to the sound, and the clap is not bad as I originally thought. The weird “pops” are great.
The bass-drum is far from a 909, but I could layer it with DN if needed.

3 Likes

yeah those “pops” are fantastic. Such a fun box, I’d say the bass drum is the only circuit I’m not wild about.

3 Likes

Are those still for sale new?

1 Like