New member of the Elektron family: OT new user Questions

I’ll make em custom for the gear you have, with stealth power hookup/rechargeable battery…
They’ll be an emergency flip over that covers the gear and has your appropriate business papers and such…
:joy:

3 Likes

haha if I had a travel job the OT would be fun to use at the hotel to help me fall asleep :slight_smile:

Nah those Teenage engineering pocket operators are perfect for the office they look like music boxes and easy to hide too

ya know that is true! I think the OT is actually growing on me the more I use it :slight_smile:

Haha! One knob does(turns) it all! Theme song!

2 Likes

Ha ha. Yes thats the alter ego of OT. ‘One knob does it all’.

1 Like

It’s actually a pretty sweet effect, you can control and set tons of parameters to get specific things, but then you can use the dictator to move all the 8 knobs for you, which each modulate different effects…

I’ve had the OT run through this and assigned the crossfader to the dictator, so when you move it it warps the OT and all the tornado effects it’s going through, total insane mega modulation!

1 Like

6 Likes

Mike …One knob is kinda boring though yes?

Perfect!

1 Like

Not when its controlling 8 out of 24 effects, where it turns the 8 knobs which in turn turn many parameters in those effects, creating extreme modulation. And not when you have custom control over how the 8 effects are set up, and how much each knob controls the parameters inside the effects, and how much the dictator turns those 8 knobs…

It’s actually more advanced than the OT’s crossfader…
The crossfader modulates parameters, the dictatator modulates the equivalent of 8 OT crossfaders, one for each of the 8 effects, and it’s all super highly custom configurable… :rofl:

It’s absolutely insane!

If you use the presets it’s easy, you just move the dictator. If you design your own its one of the most advanced custom effects modulations out there…

I was hoping you’d do that… :smiley:

1 Like

Looking for a job where I can use it for real ! :wink:

2 Likes

It’s an integral part of the BEARDYTRON 5000 MK2, probably the most advanced live audio manipulation setup in existence, he uses a bunch of instances…

2 Likes

Haha too funny man. Ok so far I am on page 34 out of 144 of the full OT manual! Learned some new tips too and been exploring the included sample preset audio library and trying out loading samples and using trigs and patterns. Lots of fun and not as frustrating. Heck I could do an entire evening of performance using just these included sample packs that came with the OT and mangle arrange in a billion ways without ever touching sampling live gear. BUT I guess I always dive in deep initially the hard way.

BTW I learned a cool trick there is a menu item in the System Menu to enable RECORD QUICK MODE so you don’t need to press down the REC key and Track key at same time. Lets you do record sample with only press the REC key down for one hand recording which is nice feature for workflow.

3 Likes

Gooood, now you’re talking :slight_smile:
Keep on reading until the end of the manual, I guarantee it’s worth it.
And sooner that you’d know you’ll be helping newbies that still resist reading the damn thing till the last page :wink:

Bonus tip : everyone will be helping you if you show that you know what you’re talking about !

Knowing the basics is essential. Then come the amazing workflows everyone invented from these…

3 Likes

I knew it!
You are the OTMk2 Community Marketing Manager, yes I feel it in my toes.
:nyan:

2 Likes

A lot of folks think sampling on the OT takes a lot of buttons… Basically you just set up the recorders one time and save it either as a part in a project to copy from, a bank to load to other projects, or as a template project.

From then on with quick record mode you always just press one button to sample to the active track’s track recorder.

OTs the only sampler I know that you can have 8 one-shot recorders ready and with one button press 8 things can be recorded and played back in real time on 8 flex tracks in all sorts or sliced/warped/effected ways…

Sampling with OT requires one button press…

4 Likes

Also I noticed that the demo setup uses T8 as the master track to control the other tracks so in my learning odyssey process, I set it as master for my OT. The included sample packs are quite good and solid for learning and tweaking.

1 Like

Can the Octatrack audio channels/samples be played without using the 8 midi tracks?

Yep

2 Likes