New member of the Elektron family: OT new user Questions

Looks like you’re making progress! But it also looks like you really don’t know what any of the parameters do. While there’s a lot of merit in experimenting until you can make something confidently, I suggest you keep reading the guides so you can get a grasp on how those settings you’re tweaking affect the sound (particularly regarding LFO settings and routing).

2 Likes

Agree I am doing both since experimentation is fun and not stressing or anything. I have the manual on my ipad and computer and find have to read it several times and still come back to it.

I understood almost everything the first day with MD, after 3 years with OT. Pretty sure the opposite couldn’t be true, but there are many things in common.

1 Like

MD as in Machine Drum? MD is the easiest of them all.

2 Likes

TM1 is the easiest ! :smile:
DT seems easy too. :thinking:

I think all of us would be better off to stop looking at and posting on this thread and just go practice… :joy:

5 Likes

Would be nice! But I guess most of us can freely use the internet at work… bringing gear might get me in a bit of a problem sooner or later.

4 Likes

Ohh, come on! Hide it under your desk if you have one, or in a briefcase or something… :joy:
Make it look like something else… :rofl:

2 Likes

Will do! After Superbooth I will decide upon my mini hidden office rig :smiley:

1 Like

Tiny wireless earbud in one ear…

1 Like

Earbuds all day here, no need to hide anything here actually :wink:

1 Like

Your halfway there!

I actually dig that drum groove you got going, nice one… :smiley:
But yeah, like @pselodux says, you probably want to read some more, it will save you time…
When selecting fx you were on the setup pages changing things, you need to exit out of those to get to the main fx pages. The setup pages more control how the effect behaves, but you actually employ the effect on the main pages, most of them have a mix or send knob on the main page and if you don’t turn that up you won’t even hear them, and the setup parameters won’t do anything…

If the Octatrack was easy it would be boring! Imagine one knob that does it all(we could call that aTrumpatrack):slight_smile:

1 Like

iPad is where its at for that sorta things :wink: Your colleagues will just think u on fb or watching pron

Make sure your music apps support background audio so you can switch something less musicmaking looking to the screen though

3 Likes

I’m picturing a rig in a briefcase with it open so the back is vertical on your desk blocking people’s view, so it looks like your hard at work, but there’s an OT in there… :joy:

3 Likes

You gotta send pics of this beast if you ever manage to build one

1 Like

Pron ok, but I am never on FB! :dragon:

Was actually more thinking about fitting in a DT or OP1 on my desk in between screens, somehow, somewhere. Visable but not intruding the space :sunglasses:

1 Like

tell me when it’s available

2 Likes

I need a job, I should start building these suckers and peddling them on here… :smile:

3 Likes