New Maschine JAM

no, it’s more a functionnality to do build ups and transition things when performing, but you can use it to compare different mixes, ands things likes that.

The only things missing I guess is the ability to rename snapshots, (but I’m not sure)

The lock feature is pretty sick. You can lock your performance FX which is a bonus.

I think the lock function is pretty similar to reloading with CNTL-AL on the MD, IMO

I guess you still cannot render tracks in real time with Maschine? Making it really bad combination with hardware.

Curious, what do you mean by render in realtime? Record?

you cannot ‘record’ a song and export it as an mp3 or wav, or whatever…

this is something a lot of people are not happy with.
to be honest, I don’t understand… it’s a groovebox, not a DAW…
so you can do this in Ableton, if you want to.

the connection between Maschine and Ableton is very nice
also a lot of people complain about this…
NI promises better integration in the future.

Gotcha. I use a multi in and out sound card so I just record/sample back into Maschine

Exactly

I think maschine is really cool. Thought of buying it again but went for an Octatrack.

The Ni forum is really negative. Many people there complain about the lack of possibility, i love it to be optimised for usability. And… as you show in previous post, there are always worksrounds…

At the end i Simply love it to work without a computer. Still a little afraid of the octatrack. But if there was no maschine, i think i stopped making elextronic music. Maschine was my step between Ableton mouse clicking & endless Midi mapping, and my love for electron standalone gear.

2 Likes

Agreed. That forum’s awful. Makes me grateful for Elektronauts

How did that work out for you? I am thinking of getting a surface pro to do just that.

Even with that cheapo-china-tablet (cannot recall the exact model) it worked fine, focusrite usb-sound-card provided audio inputs and outputs, midi as well. It didn’t seem to stutter or have any audible problems. The only problem was that I wasn’t able to charge and play at the same time, as I needed an usb hub to use it with Maschine and usb-sound.

Setting Maschine sw to autolaunch worked fine. Full screen wasn’t optimal if I recall correctly and moving knobs from the screen was a bit jumpy, but when used from Maschine2 hardware, everything worked fine.

I guess that with a proper new Surface it must be even better!

1 Like

Just reviving this thread because I took my Jam out of the closet and this thing is so awesome when used with the MK3. Why did they stop production?

It’s like a Kaos Pad + Step Sequencer + Clip launcher all in one

Good stuff

2 Likes

I don’t really use Maschine anymore, but its a significantly more streamlined controller for Ableton than the Push imo.

Also- those beloved delightful excellent NI clicky buttons vs Abletons gross squishy annoying gross squishy buttons :heart: