New Maschine JAM

I don’t think NI will EVER do standalone. Their entire company is software.

1 Like

I own maschine 2 and it’s a great groovebox indeed, and more than that (browsing and easy-use of Komplete library is cool),

but it’s not a good live tool as can ableton live or elektron machines be.

I got rid of the idea to use mine for live techno / electro music after a few trials, this is definitely not a live machine.

But this 'add-on" seems to bring live abilities in the equation, still lacking 8 or 16 more rotaries…

400$ for an add-on that lacks rotaries, no thanks

It doesn’t make me regret buying the OT and ditching maschine for live duty :smiley:

3 Likes

Yes Maschine is a great studio tool, but it’s not as fluid as an mpc / elektron box / push 2 for live use. I noticed that you have to stop and adjust BPM before going onto the next idea.

I remember the good old days when I had an MPC1K and my buddy had a 2000XL. We would gather our sounds for the week and switch between genres / grooves / BPMs on the fly. Maschine is not there yet. I love my maschine studio but the lack of pad bank and having to stop the sequence to change BPMs is cumbersome.

Wow, I was just about to sell my Maschine because compared to my OT it just gets boring to jam on it. Drumming aside, it lacks the instant gratification and quick changes you can get using scenes and echo freeze delay.

Looks like the Jam might solve that problem along with making step sequencing loads easier. I believe I heard some FX similar to the OT’s echo freeze delay, and looks like you can make your own macros which would be similar to scenes.

Very interested in this box. Gonna sell my Push 2 which has been decorating a shelf for 6 months and give this thing a whirl. Hopefully it won’t occupy the same shelf!

1 Like

stop sequencer to change bpm? no problem with maschine…

1 Like

I bet we’ll see a “Circuit Pro” eventually

3 Likes

I tried dedicating a cheap windows tablet for Maschine, to get that standalone hardware feeling. But no, it was more tricky keeping two “computers” running. Maschine pads are superior compared to Push2 or especially Rytm.

Definitely love my Push2 pads over Mashine, but that’s just me.

They might be talking about Maschine Studio. If that’s what you’ve got, too. Then I’m sorry for being an idiot

Yeah I think you’re right I have 1st Gen Mashine

1 Like

Thank God! Yeah, I’ve heard the Maschine Studio has spectacular pads

1 Like

With maschine, when you want to tweak a rotary AND change a pattern, the pattern change STOPS the rotary tweaking… Maschine can’t do 2 things at once lol, I guess Jam will bring more live abilities but I still thinks it lacks at least 8 pots…

Anyone tracking this or interested?

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/maschine/production-systems/maschine-jam/

1 Like

Are you taking the plunge? I’m saving up for an Elysia Karacter.

I’m diving in. I’m picking one up today.

I like the idea of having all the patterns for all the groups visible at one time. Building scenes from the MK2 controller sucks and is uninspiring.

Also, I’ve been fooling around with the 2.5 update and the Performance FX with my Mk2 and they’re fun.

I’m also curious to try their LOCK feature.

1 Like

After more than four years in an elektorn based music set up, I might give this a try, I really need to work with the computer to process and record my music anyway.

But one of the major improvement is for me the ‘‘lock’’ function, wich bring the ‘‘kit reload’’ like functionality that I’ve been waiting for years^^ very interesting for live use.

1 Like

where did you find information about a ‘lock’ functionality?

You can watch some feature in maschine youtube channel, some kind of light ‘tutos’ 'for maschine jam., And I read the manual, this things is pretty powerfull.

In some words, press lock and then you create a snapshot for the entire maschine ‘‘state’’ , then tweak, and press lock again to revert every thing back to the moment you pressed lock.
You can also store up to 64 ‘‘snapshot’’ and call them back by a simple pad press.

It’s really for me the things that missed me so much when using software because it’s my favorite feature of elektron gear.

1 Like

I thought this was more like ‘experiment with many groups to be heart at the same time’
If you like it you lock them, similar to scenes kn the maschine…

Maybe i am wrong…