New Machines for your machine

Jesus Johnny, can you let us be happy about these new machines for like one day?

I donā€™t expect a small synth company to be making constant firmware improvements across their entire catalog every month. They never promised they would.

Treat each improvement like a gift from the heavens and donā€™t covet your neighborsā€™ gear. :pray:

33 Likes

Or.

As the Analogs are both nearly 10 years old, they are more mature in their development, meaning that firmware updates are less frequent. Think of all the cool stuff the A4 and AR got in the first few years. I donā€™t think we need to get all fatalistic about it, Iā€™m sure Elektron are working on most of the issues you lot are complaining about and will update appropriately when itā€™s sorted.

21 Likes

With all that frustration, maybe you should think about only DIY hobbies :frowning:

7 Likes

iam here for you to celebrate the update. :raising_hand_woman:

but Iā€™ve been here since Analogs launch and their respective updates and the ones which are not happening for wayyy toooo looooooong.

but thatā€™s all been said before :1st_place_medal:

luv my elektrons but I hope they do too, or please open source that stuff, so other people can work on it and will! :alien:

This is great! Next please update the god awful hihat machineā€¦ Then Iā€™ll consider purchasing

2 Likes

More Raw and Swarm Hardcore :stuck_out_tongue:

(the scream like-sound is swarm as well, the clap put into the analog drive for proper mescalum vibes)

ā€¦ ugh, clap too loud ā€¦

28 Likes

More syntakt 1.20 sounds

53 Likes

Use Overbridge to solve this. I think it is in the raw quality of Elektron sound, rather upfront and direct. Very present. I like it for what it is.

Compare with NI Maschine (Plus), there you get it more polite and distanced in general, also you can add many more insert effects to smoothen and spread out sounds further, give them more space.

How many voices are you using in these examples?

Nice!

If I remember correctly, only 2 SY SWARM voices for the 3rd trance sequence example. For the 2nd example, it was 8x SY SWARM for the chord progressions (mostly because I started with highly overlapping tails, could have done with far less in the end) and 1x SY RAW for the ringmod lead sound. 1st example, I think overlapped 2x SY SWARM and 1x SY RAW going through FX block notch filter.

3 Likes

:rofl:

So thats the set then isnt it? Youā€™ve had 2 of all of them?

Thank you! I hope swarm can make lush hats :slight_smile:

I still donā€™t get it about Cenk leaving and the promised inevitable doom supposed to result from that. I certainly donā€™t have any insider knowledge and those who act like they might have some donā€™t share, despite making suggestive remarks.

From the outside POV, Elektron have finally reached a dynamic equilibrium (Fliessgleichgewicht, would literally translate as ā€œflow balanceā€œ :wink: ), they fulfilled all their promises, overbridge works so great, has been implemented in the mkI machines, constant improvement (Kaizen) - like real honest 1980s style step sequencing etc. and the Syntakt was so surprising and is just so balanced in all itā€™s aspects. I donā€™t find the English words for it (astonishment, awe, teary thankfulness, grateful slightly shivering happiness, the feeling of receiving empathy and love work - that ballpark). They even listened what the customers demanded and gave us a very sophisticated songmode in the laptop boxes. At once in all three. I donā€™t see anything wrong. Should all this bliss (hey that word might fit) really be connected to the let go or leave of a person after appearing disharmony or differences of other sorts?

Maybe Iā€™m naive but I think Elektron (however that entity might be composed as of this moment) are really being benefactors to the world and the good in it. I am grateful.

(and looking for an adapter to connect the mini DiN reface DX directly to the J-6 mini TRS jacks and ask why Yamaha didnā€™t implement a send sysex patch in the UI)

14 Likes

Iā€™ve only had one A4 and one AR

itā€™s just a thing between the Analogs and the Takts.

now adapting things from the Analogs but not giving anything back.

OS OS OS new OS šŸ„¹

1 Like

Easy to ignore all those great developments and facts when blinded by oneā€™s own desire for a box to do one or two specific things that one really wants it to do. (guilty of this myself)

To have acceptance is to have happiness.

To yearn is to be tortured.

15 Likes

drone. 7x SWARM + 1x RAW

30 Likes

Iā€™ve had about ten of em. lost count :joy:

1 Like

I did not! Rad :slight_smile: