New Ikea stands perfect for elektron

This is the Ikea item.

LANSA
Handle, stainless steel
Length: 13 5/8 " / 345 mm
Width: 1/2 " / 13 mm
Depth: 1 5/8 " / 41 mm
Article Number: 401.387.60

They come in several sizes and comes in pairs. Makes sure to get the one above if you want to use it for the Elektron boxes.

Total cost for the stand is about $14.

Yes the pics are with A4 and Octatrack on top of the “Ikea hack” stands.

off to buy my stand this morning thx for posting

These are perfect! I went a little nuts at Ikea yesterday, got both these and the tablet stands to support various things. The Kvissels are pretty perfect if you have two Elektrons, since you can put the cables of one through the gaps in the metal. I’d like to find something to give it a little grip on my desk tho.

Thanks for all the suggestions in this thread-my setup just became much more streamlined for pretty cheap. Funny how using just a bit of vertical space opens everything up. Photos in a few days, as I’m waiting on some new additions to the studio.

2 Likes

are you mounting them on those somehow? they look nice, might pick some up but interested on how you are connecting them

The feet on the Elektron boxes seem to catch perfectly on the lip of the Kvissel, so it sets right in place. I was a little skeptical, but once I set it up it was perfect.

guess I will need to order some then, I need a double row but I’m cheap (hazards of going down the modular rabbit hole heheh)

Ikea Lansa handles scratch/wear off the paint on the case way to easily by the way. You might try adding a pair of rubber o-rings(or some thin foam tape onthe handle) so they don’t push against the case, if it’s important.

This was the reason I also stopped using Brada which also wear off the paint with that lip at the bottom. I’m using Thermaltake Tai-Chi S passive notebook cooler, just about the same width. Although it’s kind of a hard to find item dated back to 2008, I happened to have a pair lying around and seemed like a good angle and size.

Quick update of this cool ikea hack.
I needed another one of these stands, but searching at Ikea I’ve found that both Ekby Valters and Lansa are out of production.
The alternative now is to use a Kallrör, unfurtunately not produced at ~300mm lenght, but available at shorter 210mm (Perfect for Digitakt or Digitone) or lenghty at 405mm.
I might test the 210mm with the dark trinity, I think that 405mm is a waste of space if you’ve more than 1 box to tilt.
About the brackets the only available option is Sandshult.
It differs from the Ekby Valters, and the main potential problem is the back positioning of one of the 2 Kallrör, since unlike the Ekby Valters, the Sandsult have the holes on both sides towards the bottom.

1 Like

I’ve tried a few of these hacks of the years, including the Ekby Valter stand for the Digitakt and the Isberget stand for the MPC2500. I’ve even built a multistand from an Ikea pine table and shoe shelves. Great if they hit that sweet spot angle I crave, but rarely do.

I use 2 of these for my Push and Maschine. They’re solid, pretty adjustable and have nice deep L shaped rubberised hooks to stop any accidents https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-Ventilated-Adjustable-Laptop-Stand/dp/B00WRDS8H0/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=student+laptop+stand&qid=1594640871&s=electronics&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyWUQ0S0k1QzFRMVYzJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODQxNDIxMVBJNUhLT0EyN0pEMSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTE1NzY0MTI1RzRZQlRVUkhNUiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=![]

1 Like