New Ikea stands perfect for elektron

Polish Ikea website says they’re 25x25cm, while Elektrons are 38cm wide… that’s far from “perfect”:

then again it’s rectangular in its shape, not square. Guess I might want to double check once I’m in Ikea. It would not be nice if they modified the dimensions for local market only.

If there 25 cm wide then 3 underneath 2 machines would be perfect? I’m gonna buy 3 today and try will post a pic this evening. There only £1.50 here.

Ah, right. (well, almost - 1cm missing! :smiley: ) But until I get my 2nd Elektron box (if ever), I’ll stick to the “Ikea hack” stand. Works perfectly for now.

1 cm missing is perfect :slight_smile: means it’s covered on the sides but still sturdy

I may get some plastic paint and make them black

Saw them yesterday and they seems to be ok but I decided to use “Kvissle” a while ago.
It was designed as a newspaper rack but it works pretty well as a stand.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90198030/

I really like this solution since the side and the bottom are closed. So you can hide the power supply, cables etc. to keep your desk organised.

A news paper rack? Elektron devices?
Here in action…

Edit: As you can see… you can store temporarily unused cables patched to the CV-outs or the inputs under it.
So you can easily connect devices you are not using regularly.

1 Like

That’s a pretty decent way of doing it! How do u attach them?

If anyone needs a little extra slant the you could try doing this. Make spacers that sit under the back rubber feet. I used 2p coins. 16 for each spacer and wrapped them together with electrical tape. Works really well.

1 Like

Are yall using these boxes while sitting or what? I’ve never felt the need to angle up my AR, but I’m almost always standing when operating the machine… Also kinda doubting the solidity of construction a little, that plastic doesn’t look that thick (IIRC I’ve actually broken one of these bigger black ones, got one for my laptop once)

But of course, if it works for you, good, just curious since I’ve seen so many cased elektron unit pics around this board…

Sitting at a desk and yes they are absolutely fine unless your drumming with dumbells

You gotta be careful with its bottom lip as it seems it will eventually wear the paint on the boxes if there up against it. There is flex in the bigger ones but there still pretty solid and would probably sell for a lot more if some boutique company cut em slightly and put a fancy badge on em :slight_smile:

The size got in the way after a while so I wouldn’t mind checking these other suggestions. That paper rack solution looks like it could be perfect with some rubber on the bottom (front)!! Actually looks like it’s secured by the rubber feet on the elektrons sitting into the holes designed for wall mounting? ? If so that’s ace and crazy nobody has had that idea before.

You can still see perfectly for jamming while standing too as the angle isn’t steep but personally I can’t program these boxes stood up and sitting looking over them might eventually give you a permanent hunch. :smiley: Actually pretty surprised elektron themselves have never attempted to cash in on a stand solution, even just for health and safety reasons. Haha.

I use the bigger ones too, for tr-8, AK and launchpad/tablet (and laptop which is out of shot). Love how by random chance the angle is perfect with the american audio stand which the ms20 mini is on.

yeah the screens are fine flat if you’re stood up - but end up killing your back if you do long stints in studio.

Right I got the small white ones yesterday and they are maybe too weak and flimsy unless you double them up which I might do. Good thing is they are perfect in size but I’m not keen on the thinness of the white ones. Cost me 4.50 to double up so it’s worth it to try.

Also they are extremely slippy so rubber is needed.

1 Like

I probably will just end up buying some mounts that are been sold on these forums when I can afford to. Obviously that would be the best solution

So, then (not) perfect for Elektron.

Nope

This IKEA hack from another member is perfect for Elektron boxes.

Also if you need something to elevate the boxes, these plastic door stop from Walmart does the job and it costs around $2.50 for a pair. Just peel off the adhesive cover and stick them on the bottom of the boxes.

Interesting solution.
The sides are the “Ekby Valter”, ok.
But which ikea product are the horizontal aluminium tubes?
The second picture shows the same hack with elektrons over them?

Bought yesterday, one of the best ikea purchases in the last years! :smiley:
They’re actually great as stands, maybe would be better to put some rubber pads on the bottom by the way.

People with style pick the pink ones.