New Free Digitone Patch Pack - Lo-Fi, Drone and Chill

Get the patches here: https://gum.co/rBeNY

A few months ago, I posted a poll on my YouTube channel asking what synth I should do a patch pack for next, and while the Microfreak won the poll, in the comments section there was a whole lot of support for a different synth.

So, today I’m excited to share with you my new patch pack for the Digitone: Lo-Fi, Drone and Chill - 32 brand new patches that tend towards warm, fuzzy, wobbly, ambient-ish and droney.

With these patches, I spent a lot of time tweaking the velocity, aftertouch and mod wheel parameters because I wanted them to feel great to play with a keyboard, as well as be fun to sequence; so, if you have keyboard hooked up to your Digitone, be sure to explore the patches that way too.

The patches are all set to be dry - no reverb delay or chorus so you can add those to suit your tastes. In the demos later in this video though, I’ll add some ambience as I think that’s the most likely situation for most people using these patches.

At the suggestion of a fellow synth YouTuber, I’m distributing these patches on Gumroad and you’ll find the link in this video’s description. They are priced as “pay what you want”, and that includes free - so if you can’t pay for them, or just want to grab them for free, then do so with my blessing, but if you feel inclined to chuck me a couple of quid, it’d surely be appreciated and will help to support the channel.

I’d love to know which patches you liked the most!

20 Likes

Thank you for this. Downloaded… will give it a try this weekend. :grinning:

1 Like

Plenty of nice patches in here, enjoyed the video while repairing a Boss half-rack delay this morning, it was a great synthy soundtrack to keep me in the mood!

2 Likes

They sound great! Will gladly throw some bones your way!

1 Like

Xainpad, Soomb and Melloflute are fantastic. Thanks OS, that’s really cool…

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words everybody (and I hope that delay is working now - that series has always really intrigued me, but I’ve never pulled the trigger on one…)

Sounds very promising, thx a lot :grinning:

1 Like

Sounds great, thank you!

1 Like

Wow these sound really really great! The name fits :slight_smile:

1 Like

The cellohorn patch is just monstrous! The meloflute is also a great, mellotron flute like patch. Good work! Now if there only was a way to simulate mellotron strings on the DN (or A4 for that matter)…

1 Like

Strings are a bit hard in DN due to the linear envelopes, I’m sure there’s a way, I didn’t try too hard.

Cheers for the presets, I never normally use them, but these sound very good.

2 Likes