New Elektron Box 2016

love to measure the specules

Maybe next time start the rumors about a new device little closer to release.

6 Likes

Or if youā€™re going to do the whole ā€˜teaseā€™ thing then at least continue to leak little bits of info monthly or just give a ballpark idea of what the product is (sampler/synth/mixer/fx/other) so that people can make a guess at whether itā€™s relevant to them/something to possibly be excited about. Basically we got told ā€˜Elektron will eventually release something newā€™. Which we all subconsciously assumed was the case anyway. Move along, nothing to see hereā€¦

4 Likes

Roland have given us two weeks, that I can handle a bit better not knowing anything, and they have a load of new products they could have teased for ages.

naww man, their strategy worked jusā€™ fine (new OT owner here) :panda:

2 Likes

Start the video at 2:00:00 to end.

Dataline speak the new product and this wishlist for a mixer.

1 Like

@Bro refer comment 209 on the 18th of June.

3 Likes

@mec1 :joy: this thread is now a classic amongst threads, how many times are we going full circle

5 Likes

Oups sorry ! :cry:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve recently heard a rumour from Elektron representatives that attended Movement Detroit this year that thereā€™s an entirely new Elektron piece of hardware currently being developed. Apparently news will release later this year. The only piece of info I received from the representative was that the machine would be different from current machines and it wouldnā€™t interfere with current Elektron boxes.

This is quite exciting, and considering itā€™s coming from Elektron representatives, it seems to be a legit rumour.

I was also told that Elektron is in the process of expanding its team, with a new office opening up in Tokyo.

Hope this subject isnā€™t off limits for now, but Iā€™m too excited to keep the excitement to myself!

Anyhow, whatā€™s everyoneā€™s expectations/estimations for the new box (if itā€™s even a box)?

7 Likes

Wouaou!!! Seriously where did you got these information?? :slight_smile:

1 Like

interesting, that might fit with the recorder or FX thing, its the kind of thing I would say, (different from the others) as its aimed at musicians rather than IDM people

Thinking about it Elektron always say its different and doesnt overlap though :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

I am a recorder.

Maybe they will release an OT2?

K-hole

2 Likes

Wasnā€™t the OT announced in like 2009 or so? I should bloody well say they release that first, before they go on to make an OT2. Goddamit.

3 Likes

Iā€™m telling yā€™all. More infoā€™s coming on Friday. I can feel it in my loins

3 Likes

My water just broke. And Iā€™m not even pregnant.

5 Likes