New Elektron Box 2016

@Ryan do your loins tell you it will be an affordable gizmo/machine/box/thing/product/unit ?

If you look at this long enough, everything on the table seems to get bigger, as if would pop at any momentā€¦ this topic is not good for healthā€¦ :grin:

1 Like

I donā€™t believe it will be affordable. I believe it will be an Elektron box that focuses on altering sound through fx and focuses on plocking the fx(similar to turning the sequencer on on the fx channel of the analog series except much more vast than the current three send effects on there).

If this is what it is, Iā€™m looking forward to it. It would definitely be an Elektron step towards a new way of shifting sound.

If it were single line, maybe. But that would hint performance based, and this has been deemed more of a studio tool- hence bringing the notion of effects back to the 1000+ price range

Elektron USA is in Los Angeles, this event is at fairly popular electronic music instrument store in LA.

4 Likes

I think for sure they will want to announce this a few days before Roland, no matter what their plans were before they will want to beat Roland by at least 3-4 days if not more. I think we could see announcement in the next 5-6 days.

Thatā€™s it then, one week left till we find out.

Thereā€™s no particular indication that this is a new product demo. Letā€™s wait and see.

2 Likes

I donā€™t believe this will be launch event, in fact I am sure it is not. So for the new product to be displayed here, I think we need an indication of a launch event very soon.

Still, the timing is a bit odd. Why not wait for the new product?

Also I think Elektron will be in a black out period for 2 weeks around Roland. It would be stupid to compete with that release. So they do it in the next 7-8ish days, or they wait until mid-September. If they wait until mid-September they will lose the hype they have built here. So, I think they have to act now. But, no it isnā€™t certain they could wait a month and come what may if they really feel they arenā€™t ready.

Seems weird though to organise a big demo with John Tejada and an Elektron employee just to demo existing products? Considering the hype theyā€™ve built?

2 Likes

Iā€™m still saying. Theyā€™ll reveal it on Friday, and then this thing

Why dont you guys look at the previous event with John Tejada and Elektron at Perfect Circuit?
There is plenty of videos on youtube.

1 Like

Fair enough, didnā€™t realise it was a common occurrence! Still kind of fishy though. Iā€™m sure everyone will keep their eyes peeled :wink:

Analog PZZA

1 Like

man, the kids are going apeshit over this crap

Productā€¦? I thought this thread was about climate change?

8 Likes

I would be interested to see a link to video of an Elektron sponsored event at Perfect Circuit.

I searched YouTube. It happens but it doesnā€™t seem THAT frequent

I donā€™t believe Elektron has ever sponsored an event at Perfect Circuit. Although, John has played there before. I did meet an Elektron USA employee at one point and he said they had never done an event there. That was earlier this year.

However, Elektron has sponsored other events in LA, so it really doesnā€™t matter if they have at this particular store.

Personally I think weā€™ll see an announcement very soon.

I think there will be a Night of Machines at Loop 2016 Berlin :smirk_cat: