New Elektron Box 2016

@mec1 you are right about the behringer teaser. That is true

@Mike_Thaw what about elektrons email server

Huh, I didnā€™t realize that. Iā€™ve always routed the audio through the plugin.

1 Like

What is that program?

@Ryan MacOS ā€œAudio MIDI Setupā€

2 Likes

Buy Elektron because my creativity is hindered by using a computerā€¦

Subconsciously realize that itā€™s not the computer that is holding me back from making good music, itā€™s actually my addiction/delusion/expectations/lifeā€¦

Get back on the computer and complain to keep realization from surfacingā€¦

5 Likes

could be Elektron Monitors ā€¦ just sayingā€¦ +1 for hacking elekron.se

1 Like

Thatā€™s just the Audio- and Midi Settings on OSX.

This! @bugeats nailed it. Final go at this guessing gameā€¦ Iā€™m calling a USB Overbridge box - takes 1 - 8 instruments in and shoves them into Overbridge / DAW. Has an analog multimode filter / overdrive per channel like the AR and digital Multi-FX. Can also pass tracks back to the unit via Overbridge like AR for analog processing. Makes use of all the technology they have developed over the last few years - and is inherently studio based, whilst opening them to new markets.

2 Likes

I think very likely but Dont want.

2 Likes

Expand this with internal multitracking and editing to make it work as a porta until you get to the studio, and Iā€™m on board.

1 Like

Maybe they are actually making a full blown mixing desk, Elektron style. Would fit with ā€˜studioā€™

Oh wait, is that what everyone means by ā€˜mixerā€™?

I donā€™t think it will be terribly portable

Iā€™m talking Faders, and thatā€™s something Elektron has never touched

Also if itā€™s Analog, thatā€™s a big boon. An analog mixing desk, with the digital control you expect from Elektron

1 Like

An audio and MIDI I/O device that allows you to just drop a VST/AU plugin into a DAW track and which then automagically takes care of all the latency compensation involved with getting MIDI out to an external hardware MIDI instrument and its audio back in would certainly appeal to a lot of people, especially those running Windows.

There are a lot of boutique products on the market that try to solve the MIDI part of this problem, but so far nothing that tries to bypass the entire OS Audio and MIDI stack.

Overbridge already essentially does all of this for the Elektron boxes; it would be a pretty logical extension to turn this into a stand-alone product for studio production use.

Too bad if you dont use overbridge.

3 Likes

Will it write me a #1 and serve a latte with a shot of camel? ā€¦Iā€™m still buying

1 Like

I think we can assume that whatever it is, Overbridge will be useful but not essential. Elektronā€™s not doing something for OB-users only. Thatā€™s marginalizing your customer group, not expanding on it.

Itā€™s something that appeals to more users than before, and where Overbridge makes sense but isnā€™t required.

2 Likes

It wil be something like this, it will be compatible with Overbridge thatā€™s for sure, but in the same way as with AR/AK/A4, you can use it without Overbridge if you prefer, cause it still will be a playable standalone instrument. That they told us their focus shifts more to studio use, does not mean you need a computer for it to run. It will be a playable FX machine. It does not process sound on itā€™s own, so you need other instruments/voices etc. to run trough it and be creativeā€¦ thatā€™s what they aim for, at least thatā€™s what I knowā€¦ eh think. :loopy:

Wow I wrote thisā€¦must have been a genius moment :wolf: pretty sure I didnt write this.

I still think a multitrack recorder of some kind seems likely. A modern portastudio done Elektron style.

It would be for the studio, something they havenā€™t done before and would expand their customer base while still making sense for their current customers. The video might hint to it being hot (and white?), for recording all sorts of instruments, and I guess you could argue the car is creating tracks by speeding off.

I bet ā€œBefore longā€ and ā€œWell, there you goā€ are some kind of clever references, so I tried to do some googling. But that didnā€™t make me any wiser. Oh, well. I donā€™t mind the wait as I canā€™t afford any gear right now anyways. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seeing as Sweden shuts down in July, particularly between weeks 28 to 32, Iā€™d expect no activity from Elektron before week32. I think weā€™re weeks away from additional reveals or info on the topic.

1 Like

Hmm, now that I think about it, it would make perfect sense for elektron to drop this teaser right at the instant the HQ goes on holiday :troll: