New Elektron Box 2016

Indeed my excitement over something new is fading into indifference. If it came out tomorrow I would explode with happiness or utter disappointment depending on the product anyway. if they wait until Black Friday (my personal prediction) by then I’ll still be interested but in a more “oh they finally came out with that thing, huh.” kind of way. This is mainly due to the fact that by Black Friday either I have blown my gear wad for the year or that buying expensive stuff for yourself at that time of year can be a little uncool when you have a family to consider…:money_with_wings:

1 Like

Yae

At least the behringer tease was somehow informative. I can decide if I want whatever it is or not… the E one is a bit meh & selfish really

We know the behringer synth is somehow a dco juno copy, and im enjoying speculating about it… not like the buzz has died down, for me it has amplified. If they can make it sound good im really interested

lets face it, anything elektron makes will get us interested, much more so than something that elektron isnt making - i.e. ‘nothing at this point/we dont know’ I want to talk about possible implementations of the modular/mixer/fx box whatever and come up with uses…

People get so bent out of shape about these things. Maybe it’s because I’ve already got a “to buy” list as long as my arm, maybe it’s because I got clued in about this in January and expected it would be revealed at MusikMesse, but I don’t see the point in getting flustered about this. Yes, teasers are annoying, but even after the reveal it’s probably going to take a little while to hit the streets, and it isn’t like it’ll disappear as soon as it does. Your life will continue even if you don’t get to buy one of the first ones available. Is everyone really that flush with cash or unable to make music with what they have that they can’t have a little patience?

That said, it’ll be a really poor showing on Elektron’s part if they don’t give us something more substantial by the end of the month.

7 Likes

Be sure to check out his Trickfinger stuff; it’s pretty decent.

angry man.

Im excited as hell…and its helping me not to rush to buy new gear. Whatever it is, i will keep saving my money until they reveal what it is. Would be a total bummer to buy a audio interface of any sort and then it turns out that the new Box is a mixer/interface :robot:

My feelings exactly.

BTW, I first heard about the Behringer Synth around Christmas of 2014… You guys (and gals) want to wait another year and a half?

1 Like

i’ll try anything to get them to tell me what it is

any other ideas? can we threaten them with physical violence

If you look at products from competitors across the years and see many incorporated features which were at one time spearheaded and validated in the market by Elektron, it makes sense to not open the kimono too soon and provide cool, indie concepts to topheavy industry giants with huge R&D budgets.

5 Likes

thats a good point

Oh, and just remember…

1 Like

What if…

1. It’s a 4 track recording jambox, Multi Fx (no sequencer)
  2. It’s a multi effect box + sequencer
  3. It’s a mixer + sequencer, with which you can arrange songs of the various patterns of all Elektron Machines
  4. It will be ifferent types of effect boxes, this is the first one of it, some sort of granulizer/mangler/filterbox
    All are OB enabled.

Which one do you think will be the closest guess
Which one would you go for?

My answer to those questions is option no. 1

Of course a mixer would be awesome, but I am currently more into a recording device, creating sounds alone or with others, get inspired, twist some knobs, go wild and TAPE it…
Take the box with the TAPED material back to the studio and take out the thing you like, mix it, scape it, or whatever you like, put those in the OT and you know the rest…
For live situations it could add some extra effects to the tracks of the AR, so it should have multiple inputs/outputs.

A mixer would be really awsome, especially one which can arrange songs with the patterns of all other machines.
But I think it will be there some other time, after the OT2 arrives, OB enabled, think about that… you fire up the dark trinity + the mixer, load a ‘song’ into the mixer and all three machines are loaded with exactly the right projects for this ‘song’ in the mixer as you initially set it up and you can go every direction with the song you arranged…

What do you think about it? What would be your choice the options above?

Y’all are really setting yourself up for disappointment.

It took the Elektron team years to develop Overbridge (at the expense of even maintaining legacy products), and in my experience it’s still not stable and complete. There’s no way they had the spare cycles to create something as complex as a multitrack recorder or mixer/sequencer with enough features to justify its existence.

My bet is that have productized a simple bit of kit that was used during the development of overbridge: an external analog filter / overdrive.

It’s all about “hey look what we can do with our new overbridge technology that we sunk so much money into”.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m betting this is far away from actual production as well based on Elektron’s track record.

Did you just Rick Roll all of us??? damn…

is it out yet… pffff

1 Like

The first Behringer Midas teaser they released a few years was exactly the same, blurry dudes in lab coats fiddling in a secret room. ? ?

I wouldn’t expect any details for at least a couple months. Someone else pointed out the AR was 54 days between teaser and announcement.

My money is also on a USB interface/fx box. But it’d be neat if it was also an Overbridge hardware host. Plug your A4 USB into it and it’ll show up as regular USB audio tracks in whatever DAW you use.

1 Like

Isn’t that what it does? The USB? On the A4/AK/AR already?

Has this feature wish list gone full circle?

1 Like

we could hack the website, there should be clues lying around

1 Like