New Elektron Box 2016

I’m calling the video fake. It’s on an account with 0 subs and 1 video. As someone else said it looks like a quick photoshop mock up tosses into the original teaser video with just the guitar bit on loop.

1 Like

Yeah, I watched it at work earlier, but it was more obvious on rewatch. Interesting design tho.

1 Like

I thought the same thing

Elektron: Redefining Analog(it’s digital now)

1 Like

Didn’t even occur to me that the vids authenticity was up for debate…

1 Like

:3lektron:Elektrompler.

2 Likes

Eight tracks … on this new E-DFX … thats OK

I hope it has the same size like the other boxes!

Release date? :troll:

Please… because my money is going elsewhere

That was a bit cruel posting the video then heading off to bed and leaving everyone to debate real/not real :wink:

The other day I had a dream about Elektron releasing a range of performance orientated boxes. I’m a creative person so once I get an idea in my head I’ve got to get it out - otherwise it’ll drive me daft so I started doodling in Photoshop using elements from current Elektron boxes. I thought I’d tackle the multi-FX style stomp box idea first. As it started coming together I wanted to add more elements to the scene to make it look more real - then came the background, some (elektron) wires, a lapotop (with elektron sticker added), electric guitar (with old old Elektron stickers photoshopped onto it - anyone remember these?) and a finishing touch with a couple of plectrums. Finally output using Lightroom with a grainy effect like Elektron’s new photography on their site.

A lot of you guys were speculating about what the next box from Elektron would be and were posting up your ideas here so this was just my way of doing that too. Creating something visual rather than just with words. That’s just the way my brain works.

The original idea was to do a whole range of performance boxes like this - so a FX Pedal, a Looper, maybe a Mixer all in this similar style - kind like Moog’s Moogerfooger boxes.
But this image alone ended up taking loads of my time, there’s no way I was going to put in even more time to complete the range. Ain’t no body got time for dat :wink:

The video was fun to do. Just chopped in snippets of the device into the current video by Elektron, played on my monitor then filmed with my AnalogFour in front of it using a SLR Magic lo-fi lens on my camera. Added some guitar feedback playing with a drumloop and built n built some delay and reverb to give a crescendo to the ending.

Kudos to the elektronaut detectives. I just wish I hadn’t posted the video to my stme youtube and that shouldn’t have dwelled in the video on a couple of the more flat looking stills then I think the whole thing might’ve been a bit more believeable.

Hope I didn’t upset too many people with my dreaming and creation :stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

hahaha !
thanx god it was a joke !
what the hell would I do with a guitar-effekt ???

:wink:
tm

5 Likes

‘Before Long, there you go’
is an anagram of
‘Leggy Heel Oboe Floor Tuner’

Something I’ve always wanted.

10 Likes

(Accidental quote removed :blush: ) I think I’d be into an analogue/digital distortion/filter box… Niio Iotene core is pretty much the only high end option that I know of and shaped the tone of lots of modern techno, including karren et al. I think a new sequenceable flavour would be sound as and well in order :content:

I heard it’s just a boring black stand that holds your existing machines at a jaunty angle but will cost £1500

I really wonder if what’s under wraps is something like THYME that Bastl Instruments have been working on …
http://www.bastl-instruments.com/instruments/thyme/

A sequencable effects unit.

Bastl Instruments announced it a year ago at MESSE 2015 where they had a ‘working’ prototype but we’ve not heard or seen of it since.

This gets me to wondering, what with Dataline with his MicroGranny and Bastl Modular being a friend of theirs, if Bastl and Elektron have put their heads together and are launching something together.

1 Like

:3lektron: should hire you man. Great artwork! :thup:

You are nasty :zonked:

1 Like

Haha.
Even though I’m very happy in my design day job I’d totally consider upping to Sweden and working for a company like Elektron (or Teenage Engineering for that matter). Everything about their ethos, thinking, products, design and language resonates well with me.

Damn that looks exactly like my current guitar :stuck_out_tongue:

I still would like a device like this from Elektron with a stepsequencer and P-locks would be like Camel Space in a pedal form… one can dream

Regardless well played had me going for a bit :smile:

Maybe it’s the future in a box

3 Likes

:grin: good one

Hahaha - OMG I had one of those… wonder if I still do…

1 Like

I kind of always wanted one, I keep seeing it on the floor in Ken Macbeth’s videos :slight_smile:

On a side note, the late 90s ‘groove approved’ stuff lol yeah I still remember the marketing , was built a lot better than this Aira stuff, too bad it didn’t sound as good.

I remember having a go on someone’s MC 505, then later that night when I was ‘rotallytuined’ I heard ‘Lovertits’ by Peaches and instantly recognised the sound!

Whoever came up with the d-beam should be strangled in the bath though.

Got to stay on topic though so I reckon the new Elektron box will be nothing like the rompler groove stations of yore!