New Elektron Box 2016

I hope the new Elektron box is all D-Beams.

1 Like

There is the spirit ā€¦ i love it

This sentence should be valid in all parts of our universe at any time

sorryā€¦ i couldnā€™t help myself

whenever it comes to certain aspects of equipment, people think & react in a very wired
way

This sentence reminds me about my relationship with the edit-knob on my Alesis Micron (i have had this synth years ago)

I have the feeling that maybe it will be not hardware.

Maybe a DAW ?

Are you serious?

I am 100% sure thatā€™s not what they are going to put out, not now, not in the (near) future.
They only possibility would be a OT MkII overbridge enabled. But not for now, as they told us it is something they have not done beforeā€¦

99,99% change itā€™s an hardware fx machine
I am not sure it will have a sequencer, at least not the one we all are used to. It would be great to have the ability to have p-locks, probability functions etcā€¦ but I also think :3lektron: is capable to blow our minds with something new. Something we are not used toā€¦
Thatā€™s why I am really excited about this new machine, because I am hoping it will turn our heads 360 degrees at first sight and after a while we will get completely lost in it, in a good way of courseā€¦

1 Like

from all the posts Iā€™ve seen, one thing seems certain - a core feature is it is at the very least an overbridge audio interface, probably with multiple MTT ports like overhubā€¦ so a bit like an mx-1

that basic feature will have mass commercial appeal for people who already have an external asio sound card on windows but want to add channels via VST as they canā€™t add a second asio card (unless they can fudge it through asio4all). It also means they can at last profit directly from Overbridge, that has been somewhat of a free add-on product for existing owners that theyā€™ve put a lot of development into.

whether it has any other bells n whistles on board is the more exciting question - either re-utilising existing code and hardware nous or totally freshā€¦

microphone/pre-amp?
effects? filters?
CV interface?
recorder/looper?
sequencer?
faders? eq?

What if they didnā€™t actually HAVE a product? All they had was a demographic of musicians they wanted to reach out to, put out a teaser that didnā€™t contain any information about what the product was going to be, while knowing that a swarm of us would come here and pitch ideas?

1 Like

yeah, it would be hilarious if they just had a new soundpack featuring the sounds of a barbecue, mouth beatbox, distorted violin and a screeching car.:grinning:

2 Likes

Or ā€¦

ā€¦ with overhub and overbridge audio & cv i/o

**I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SICK OF WAITING. **
Maybe itā€™s time to mailbomb Daniel Troberg.

4 Likes

Still thinking of a resynthesizer. If you look at the Acxel resynthesizer and combine this with Elektrons Overbridge things can get really interesting.
http://www.matrixsynth.com/2008/03/axcel-ii.html

1 Like

Yeah teaser buzz is now speculation bore. Hopefully some less cryptic info soonā€¦

1 Like

given that the techs at elektron are most likely rapidly dismantling, rebuilding and redesigning the new box with every post we make, (which is pushing back the announcement date) can we have a p-lockable overbridged this

as well please.

2 Likes

Is this out yet? Whatā€™s taking so long? Can we at least know what it is yet? I think Iā€™m about to spend my money on something else like an OTO BAM.

3 Likes

as long as it has atleast 2 CV inputs (and obviously ouputs) iā€™m happy. I need Elektron CV processing asap. Could arguably done already with routing CV pulses in through the A4 ins and using a track input with modulation there but then if youā€™re a non keys user you lose your master outs.

having a sort of amorphous input with varying impedance ala the UAD unison technology for changing between CV/line/instrument level signals would be pretty revolutionary in groove box world.

Elysia recently released the rack version of their distortion unit the KARACTER with CV input over mix and overdrive. Nothing really too new in the audio processing world. Itā€™s possible, and i imagine it wouldnā€™t be too costly to implement.

I think this would be a tantalizing opportunity to allow any type of signal to control the various FX parameters inside the new elektron box, and possibly in parallel with the original signal. think of the side chain input on the aira stuff on swedish steroids

hmmā€¦ so many complaints over the lack of control over the analog comp in the rytm, thereā€™s a void that definitely needs to be filled-> ā€œanalogā€ versions of the octatrack FX seems like a clear evolution with out overlapping with its other features. the cv outs on the A4 as well as the impulse machines available now on the AR make it possible with out needing extensive midi support (boo but yay at the same time)

1 Like

Eventide space seems more adjustable if youā€™re hunting for a reverb box.

The longer it takes, the more i realize i dont need anything. Ar, Ak and Kaoss pad 3 is enough for me.

Okay, a hardware DAW or a quality looper & fx in stead of the kp3 would-be niceā€¦

2 Likes

thatā€™s what i thought until I tried the analog four routed through an eventide h3000 and ensoniq dp4. next level sound sculpting options and flavour for such old machines

1 Like

i think heā€™s just late to the party :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Is an OT mkII such a crazy idea ?
Overbridge seems to be pretty central in Elektronā€™s strategy and the OT is clearly the weapon of choice of every producer that counts.
So maybe, maybe not, maybe two products ?