New Elektron Box 2016

I know it won’t be this, but how about some sort of VJ device with plocks, that would be the shit.

1 Like

I hope a Modern Monomachine

1 Like

reminds me of the horrible V-Machine from SM Audio ^^ We all know how silly that was. So no - everything but NOT a VST Host please !!! ^^

glad i still have one :slight_smile: what a shame that i missed the chance to aquire one of the silver boxes in brand new condition :frowning: i simply missed the timeframe where they were sold out :confused:

There’s already such a device out - it’s called a PC! Or for a thousand bucks more, it’s called a mac! :tongue:

4 Likes

yep, sure :slight_smile: but this is what Sternenlicht’s Idea reminds me of:

http://www.smproaudio.com/index.php/de/products/v-machines/v-machine

there was (is?) such a machine available - and it was horrible! Elektron should simply not do that :wink:

Oh and if you ask me: The next machine will be a Hardware DAW !!!
Sounds crazy, but if there’s a company crazy enough to work on such thing - it surely will be Elektron! :wink:

1 Like

ableton and machine in a box?

A multitrack with ot tech and md and mm tech

ot- sampler
md- drum racks
uw - resampler
mm- operator and fm
analog effects
sequencer grids
mpc- like tracks
nice screen

why not?

2 Likes

The aira modular is a vst host with specialized control interface, i think they are great and clever devices. If electron would do a similar vst host, i belive it would sell without limit. I.e a black box dsp host which can have different vst installations. You could work in the studio with sofware, and upload your performance to the device, or different vst customized from elektron for that box. They could sell software post sales with modular functions.

The interface from novations circuit combined with octatrack display and control interface.

1 Like

+1 on the Aira modulars, great boxes and I think the concept could easily be adopted and bettered by Elektron although it is straying into Nord G2 land, another brilliant box!
Get them all…

Today one of the most famous music instruments shop in my country is selling the octatrack with a massive 21% off the original price of 1369€, don’t know why.

Thomann.de is selling it at 1258€ instead of 1399, but I’m not sure if it’s temporary or it was always like that.

But maybe it’s just me dreaming of a new Elektron sampler…:confused:

1 Like

looks like a sampler with Karplus–Strong string synthesis

1 Like

I’m thinking effect box.

video synth?

5 Likes

Looper/FX box I reckon.

2 Likes

Electro acoustic machine

Like the illuminist garden

Great!!

Wavetable?

The video definitely implies a mixer / FX box with sampling.

1 Like

Fizicle modelin

1 Like

Clearly, they are pre-empting the AppleCar.

2 Likes

That video has killed any excitement I may have had!
Glad, I’m boracic lint…

1 Like