New Elektron Box 2016

hopefully it comes out before the new Zelda

5 Likes

But, but, butā€¦the Analog 4/Keys is already a modular in a box! In fact, thereā€™s probably $10,000 worth of modules in that thing, if converted to constituent Euro parts.

8 Likes

how is it a modular lol

I mean machines that can be rearranged, anything to anything patching and track to track modulation etc. logic modules and other goodies

a set amount of osc machines, logic machines, filter machines etc, so if I wanted to I could have all the oscs on one track but up to the maximum value. but the oscs are also low range so they are lfosā€¦ but youve got like 32 of them

Maybe weā€™re all way off and the new hardware is just a huge midi controller/Patchbay for a4/ak :wink: Iā€™m kidding, but wouldnā€™t actually be such a bad idea when you start thinking about the modular depth of A4/AKā€¦knob/button per function and physical patching would be pretty sweet!

Still hoping the new hardware is OP-1 on steroidsā€¦

IMO the elektron sequencer is still going strong, especially with trig conditions - how many other sequencers have those? Ok, maybe the circlon has em (dunno, never used one) but thatā€™s expensive!

4 Likes

+1

Yep, Elektronā€™s sequencers are still top of the game, IMO.

Even the Octatrackā€™s MIDI sequencer can do some musically useful tricks that no other hardware sequencer (even Cirklon) can do. It also has some maddening omissions that I wish were given some additional development time.

Funny, with the introduction of the Octatrack the Plus versions of the MM & MDUW also appeared.
For existing users of MD & MDUW a upgrade path. Somehow i still hope this will also happen about Overbridge for the Octatrack including the upgrade path.

I sold the Octatrack but if Overbridge appeared for the OT ill buy one even at a higher price tag! Like MD vs MDUW into OT vs OTOB :smiley:

Elektron have openly said on this forum that OT/OB wonā€™t be happening

3 Likes

Is there an emoticon of the air rushing out of a balloon?

1 Like

Is someone in the position to read the three lines on the box (from the pic)ā€¦ there is also a mirror-image on a glas visibleā€¦ did someone checked it out?

Oh my god ā€¦ iā€™m going slightly mad

Must be a fanboy-syndrom or whatever

1 Like

Well then i donā€™t buy the OT anymore, simple as thatā€¦

Yeah. In terms of the current hardware not allowing it. :cheeky:

3 Likes

New user here!
Cenk said in the earlier video that when they ā€œwere first testing overbridge, we were using 8 boxes at the same timeā€¦ 8 times 8 is 64, so 64 tracks total. I donā€™t know why anyone would do that, but we did it.ā€

Itā€™s maybe a sort of mixing machine that theyā€™re releasing (studio style), along with some mono synths and dedicated fx units. Oooooohhhh, maybe a dedicated Elektron compressor?

Nah, that inaccuracy was my own misunderstanding.

Stronger than ever and stronger than others.
It can be difficult to enjoy other gear once youā€™ve got your toes wet with conditional trigless locks across 4 tracks.

But really this just makes me want a new Elektron digital instrument with the latest Elektron sequencing features.

4 Likes

With such a big piece missing from the elektronā€™s current lineup (especially since the MIDI capable MnM & MD were discontinued), I am pretty sure we will see a new elektron MIDI sequencer box soon. OT wonā€™t do for me since I want both polyphony (no spending of 50% or my seq for a few 4-note chords thx) as well as trig conditions :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I doubt that. Midi in not ā€œcoolā€ these days, they will more likely support Cv and Gate for connection with Eurorack and little analog synths as they are extremely popular. But I also hope to see Octatracks seq updated with the Analog RytmĀ“s features like trigger conditions and the new Fill-Mode.

what do you mean? dude, midi is cooler than ever, thanks to forward-thinking devices like DIY arduino microcontrollers and the bomebox, for example.

Also, since elektron has always supported the classic in/out/through din midi scheme with their boxes, and almost a 100% comprehensive midi implementation, I trust they feel itā€™s important as well! :content:

8 Likes

Abd if the next machine was a kind of computer running overbridge stand alone with lidi seq?

MIDI has to live forever.
It is ruler of the Kingdom.

Sorry, replied by accident! Was general midi reply! Hah!

1 Like