New Elektron Box 2016

I don’t think sampling, and probably no sequencer

Yep, prob some fx box with SOMETHING

a multi-FX device for the road-tripping psychedelic guitarist?
hmmmmmm… ok

4 Likes

Well, that was helpful.

1 Like

All the clues points toward a hype-machine. Maybe even a p-lockable hype-machine.

9 Likes

What I see in the vid is some kind of guitarsynth like the boss effect units. You can make a synthsound of anything, and that with tweakability, wow. I’m gonna save my money for it!

1 Like

Maybe it’s a random promo video generator.

15 Likes

Yes, of course analog.

1 Like

that I could get behind! but not gonna happen imo. this stuff is best done on one (or more) computers with tons of RAM and big GPUs. graphics is one of these things where more computer = better.

analog video synth though? would be pretty cool, but is there a real market for that…?

1 Like

I don’t think the market is there no. There is a couple fo systems, like the lzx stuff, but i wouldn’t seem like Elektron to make something THAT niche? Most visuals are synthesized ITB now.

2 Likes

Multi fx (jam) recording box
Multiple in/outs, Guitar/instrument/Mic inputs, Mic preamp(s)
I am hoping it will include a sequencer, but I have my doubts.
Overbridge enabled (of course!!)
All kinds of routing options, so instruments/voices etc. can be glued together or interfere with each other.

I am excited!!

3 Likes

That sounds cool. Nice one.:v:

That might be a close as possible educated guess
I think you are on the money there

All in one super awesome tape delay machine with plock for whobble, tape speed, tape heads, feedback …

it´s THAT thing I´m missing on the A4 and AR

1 Like

The emphasis on the auto gearshift makes me want to think a Vector Synth or there’s at least a joystick involved. Wild guess.
(I say this with the deep love of my new Analog Keys Joystick)

i wonder if i will want it

2 Likes

That was my first guess… But if anything, the video leaves me less confident :zonked:

1 Like

A box with IRCAM (if we’re lucky) granular synthesis, pitch-shifting and time-stretching, filter and distortion efx.

4 Likes

effects mixer and recorder

(the car doesn’t make much sense to me though. maybe battery powered for mobile use?)

Announcement cant be too far away. Cant say im excited so far. I hope the deviation is not too far from elektron boxes, but expect it will be.