New Elektron Box 2016

Elektron Theremin ? ?

1 Like

Somebody should release this thread as a book afterwards.

ā€œElectron Box 2016: rise and fall of secret hopesā€

4 Likes

Or an album, made on the :3lektron::3lektron::3lektron::3lektron::3lektron::3lektron:'s
and the new ā€œAnalog Vocodrā€ of course.

Nope, boutique vocoder is coming from Roland.

And here I am stuck with TBD

1 Like

This thread is a breeding ground for TBD.

That Box, doh?

Boutique? Are you sure about that?

Even Apple have made a no fuss announcement nowā€¦ and Elektron are still dragging their heels.

Thatā€™s funny to see how we get back here for this ā€œnew boxā€, because its seems NO ONE HERE needs a new box.

Iā€™m deeply loving my OT since 4 months so fuck that shit.

Go to hell Elektron with your ā€œrevolutionā€, Iā€™m doing mine FOR REAL with the octatrack that is soo deep, and that you let down with no real OS updates that is a shame.

Hopefully Rusty and its Octaedit software has done a great job to give the OT a second birth and this machine will, thanks to him and not you Elektron, still be a beast in some years for now.

and without all your OB and hipster trailers ah ahā€¦

Elektron F**K

sorry for the rant ah ah! I love you all and my octatrack to death :smiley:

3 Likes

That thing actually looks good to me.

The Octatrack is easily my favorite piece of gear

Itā€™s just SO suited for experimental/exploration! Any sound can become a part in a song. Itā€™s almost as if Elektron felt really guilty about selling a product that doesnā€™t generate itā€™s own sounds so they went above and beyond on features. If I were smart, Iā€™d sell all my gear down to an A4 and an OT(and possibly my MPC) and be complete. But I really like all my gear, my dark trinity +MnM and Iā€™m trying to find an MD mk2(again) because Iā€™m either dumb, or a glutton

1 Like

Just sold my OT along with a some other gear. I preordered the thing before it dropped, loved watching the OS mature and basically learned how to make music on it. Now with my AK Iā€™ve moved into the DAW world and am recreating in my own evolution what it was like to move from hardware to computers when DAWs first emerged.

I didnā€™t sell my OT with the intention of getting this new boxā€¦ but I sure as hell am excited about itā€™s studio potential and it possibly helping me get deeper in my DAW.

1 Like

oh wow, youre right. glad i got my ND2 recently! whew!

Iā€™ll get back to you on that

I had a nightmare last night that it is an OT mk2, but though it has a more powerful cpu, elektron has replaced all the audio sockets with their own new proprietary OverPlug format. Itā€™ll no longer work with 1/4" TRS.

5 Likes

That white circle of the OT logo changed to the apple logo

If it is a new OT I might get it and my recent OT is getting a permanent place next to my bed or at workā€¦

1 Like

If itā€™s a new OT I might get a cheap second-hand v1 for a dual v1 setup :slight_smile: