Behringer EDGE : semi-modular percussion synth

there was a few seconds with a good sound and groove in the middle, but the person immediality turned the knobs and destroyed it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Gearnews.de also had a test online this morning which included a good video comparison between DFAM and Edge and was taken down again as well. Seems like these articles were published a little to early for Behringer :grimacing:

To me it seemed they can sound very similar on some settings, but in general the Edge sounds sharper and can’t really replicate the DFAM when it comes to low end kick and bass sounds…

Is this video activity a coincidence with Thomann making the Edge available for pre-order, and then withdrawing that listing as an error ? SynthAnatomy reported this, and wondered about a larger significance.

If you want to chat about a possible greater significance, the Behringer Gear In Progress thread, is a good place for that.

1 Like

You just described every music making session of mine ever.

4 Likes

What are those? :open_mouth:

The best one is the Analog Four, it’s like four DFAMS. I’m making a video about that soon :stuck_out_tongue:

Those were my first two tries (each just one track):

6 Likes

Was this one finally released?

I don’t think so. It looks like it was ready for release about 4-6 weeks back, but I’ve not seen it for sale or advertised anywhere since then. I got a DFAM instead 12months back as I was fed up waiting for the EDGE to be released.

Seems to be available for preorder now.

1 Like

New promo video said they lowered the price to $199. USD

“shipping now” image

Are there any other differences to dfam than midi and clock divisions? It´s an exact clone, right?

Wow Andertons pulling out the monopoly board with their 199GBP price right there

That’ll be sorted when Amazon get them in- from experience there’s early adopter pain getting in early there, like > 50% above the steady state price it got to … wtf!

shopping

exact as in this sense of the word maybe

who knows, being a clone isn’t the important bit imho, is it enjoyable as it is (divorced from its origins) for its cost

i’m in, but not at andertons, yet !

8 Likes

Ok, this needs a smilie :joy:

1 Like

this sounds quite good and the price is enticing.
however I find it so very ugly! shallow I know…

1 Like

Not claiming any influence on this of course, but that literally just dropped 40 in the last 30 minutes :content:

159 GBP is only now in line 1:1 at least with its $ retail cost

1 Like

Ha ha! So true :laughing:

1 Like

Maybe its just the person demoing it… but i cant really hear any semblance of DFAM in it…
I think there are some really cool sounds in there. but it doesn’t sound like a 1to1 replica imo.
Im no DFAM connoisseur though

1 Like