New album - No Masters (self-titled Quadraverb abuse)

I’ve had a bit of a creative purple patch these last couple of weeks, largely a result of this great thread and have recorded enough tracks to put an album together.
It’s mostly some sort of Krautrock/shoegaze thing, a result of some pretty heavy Quadraverb abuse.
All the tracks are pretty much live recordings of me jamming out a different idea each night, the emphasis very much on conveying a particular emotion rather than lots of complex musicality.
Gear used was as follows:

Quadraverb
Octatrack (as mixer/FX, MIDI clock, no samples)
Erica Bassline DB01
Modal Cobalt 8m
Digitone
Soma Lyra 8
Model:Cycles
Analog Heat

It’s pretty lo-fi, but then most of it was mixed on the Octatrack so… :wink:

Also, don’t worry, headache lovers, another volume of amatuer techno bangers is just around the corner.

37 Likes

Good stuff man. I’ll listen to this when the power comes back on… storms ahoy here.

3 Likes

Thanks for listening, enjoy your storm.

I particularly like the first track, Collisions - the “piano” arpeggio in the background switching back and forth between two chords gives it an emotional depth.

1 Like

Still waiting on power so listening on phone for now. Lofi? Sounds fucking nice so far man, even through my phone.

2 Likes

Is that the Modal Cobalt 8m on Collisions?

1 Like

The big flangy D50 style pad is, yeah, aided by copious Quadraverb.

1 Like

That’s kinda the intention of a lot of the album, really, find an arrangement that conveys an emotion and jam the shit out of it. Simple music to convey complex feelings, I guess.

Anyway, thanks for listening, your feedback is much appreciated.

1 Like

Bof! Power back on so real speakers now.
Very nice work. Approve.
I like it when you can hear the synth being itself.

2 Likes

Great job! Listening to this, I was telling myself what a nice lofi reverb ; now I know the source of it… Thanks for the gear rundown, really like the sound and feel of it all.

1 Like

Thanks for listening and supporting.

I love my Quadraverb.
I’ll never sell it.

2 Likes

And I really hope you’ll keep using it.

1 Like

Mr Junk, beautiful.

1 Like

OT midi arp mate.

1 Like

Fair enough! Bloody good.

Im up to Hero of the People now. Another favourite. This is a great album.

1 Like

Really nice one!
I love what I’m listening to right now :slight_smile:

:beers:

1 Like

Ode to Alesis!

This is a very good album. Congratulations @Fin25. Fine sounds indeed. Brings back memories of my youth, while sounding fresh at the same time. I love the distorted droney swirly-wirlyness of it all.

Edit: and the sudden stop ending, perfect

2 Likes

I love that you love it.

Thanks for the support.

1 Like

I’ve always loved the feeling you get when suddenly confronted by silence.

EDIT: thanks for the support, too.

1 Like

I know exactly what you mean. I am fond of ending tracks that way myself.

1 Like